Give Up Service Options

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ant Craft, Oct 23, 2020.

?
  1. Yes, more customisation is better

25 vote(s)
    92.6%
  2. I wouldn't really mind either way

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. No, the pop-ups don't really both me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ant Craft

Ant Craft Well-Known Member

Firstly, I apologise if this has been posted elsewhere, but I had a look around I don't think I saw a post on it.

So in Train Sim World, I am sure that some of us has been exploring around a train station and suddenly you get the pop-up of do you want to give up your service. It's fair enough as the game can't read your mind, but when you press no because you want to explore a bit more, you get it again, and again, and so on and so forth. So what I propose is a rather small feature (or two) where you could be able to change how the popup works in the settings menus, with the options being Never, Once and Persistent. This could either work that the once option shows up once for the whole service regardless of how many times you got out of the seat, or it showed it once per time of getting out of your seat. But maybe the player says no originally, but changes their mind? Maybe there could be a menu button to give up the service, or a key combo that makes the pop-up re-appear. That could even be the solution of just not having the popup come up at all, and you can get it to appear through a combo, but I always feel customisation of stuff is better, and I'm sure people may be thrown off if it was just changed to a combo only without an option.

So yeah, that's my suggestion which is quite small compared to other suggestions, but gives the player more control over how they want TSW 2 to play. And yes, I know on steams it's been said that there aren't many UI artists available and this would require one to work on it, but at the end of the day, this is only a small and not very important suggestion. If anyone has any feedback on my idea, or thinks they have an idea of how it could be done better, then let me know.

• Like Like x 7
  2. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

I would rather have the option to give up the service when I want. Say, I press Ctrl + X, then the pop-up appears, and then you can select yes or no. For those on console, some other button or combination could have the same function.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ant Craft

Yeah, I agree. Could even have it in the main menu due to the console button limit issue

4. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Oh Great idea Ant Craft. It would be nice to have someway to give up a service with out having to wait for the pop up :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ant Craft

Thanks! And yeah I agree. Just feel that it could be done a lot better. Bc rn, if you want to give up, you have to wait, and if you don't, you just keep getting spammed. I've always thought they could do it better, but only was I reminded of how it could be better when I was watching Sam explore Munich station on one of the preview stream and he kept getting bombarded with the message.

• Like Like x 1
  6. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

I too find it annoying when for instance, on Sand Patch being told to walk half a mile to the rear and uncouple the two trailing locos and back to the front to carry on with the service, the popup may show goodness knows how many times.
    Why does it have to be there at all?
    Get rid of it all together!

• Like Like x 1
  7. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

this would be cool

• Like Like x 1