Glasgow Cathcart Circle(only The Br Class 314)?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SHINO BAZ, Mar 9, 2021.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I'm very aware this is the train this route uses but any route that has a single train should be above average and this trains NOT,this isn't like the excellent lgv or the br db 1442 or M7.So this route really could use a 2nd train or it might not be worth $30.How do you judge any single train route?

Yes i know we have senario planner that will help the one train issue but we have senario planner now,it's the route that they want to sell and for that it needs more then just alot of track.so let's hope the br class 314 isn't a solo act.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

3. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Well i guess they could still add a 2nd train to the route,but as part of the main route any extra dlc train should only add to it.

4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I quite like the 314 and will be happy enough if it’s the only train on the route. It was the main train for the route. As ever, you’re not obligated to buy it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Says who? What have you seen to indicate the route or loco's below average? It only started production a couple weeks ago, nobody knows anything about it yet. Hell, we don't even have confirmation that it will only feature one loco yet, so this complaint could be all for nothing. Wait till they start showing and talking about it more before judging the route's quality, because doing so right now's just silly.

• Like Like x 3
  6. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Can I borrow your crystal ball, a lottery win would be very useful!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

Yeah but... Class 380/385.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

380s are plausible, but considering how tiny the overlap of the 395s and 314s running together is and how new they are, the 385s aren't going to be included, even as a loco DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

That's true, I'm definitely not expecting anything else except the 314 on this route. Just wishful thinking.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I am quite sure we will get more than 1 loco with this route

• Like Like x 1
  11. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Well this is interesting, because even though you call it excellent, to me LGV is one of the routes with least value for 30 quid. Train is awesome but monotonous gameplay and a short route length (at least for the speeds that you travel) devalue the LGV so much for me, that I will most likely not buy it unless with 50% discount.
    Cathcart Circle even with only one train would be more interesting to me personally. But I won't buy it at release if it comes with only that one train, considering its close relative will be released prior for one of my favorite routes.

That being said, the way it was worded on stream back then, I believe we will get a second train with Cathcart.
    They named the route and the train and followed up with "that is all that we can announce for Cathcart right now" or at least something close to that. Might be only my interpretation, but to me it indicates something else that was not able to be confirmed at that point.

• Like Like x 2
  12. brfan#9132

brfan#9132 Active Member

When the route comes closer to release we will probably get another train

• Like Like x 1
  13. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

I doubt that, on release, Cathcart will come with more than one loco. even though it would not be desired by most people. They might do what they did with SEHS and, later their may put another loco on the roadmap to come with it, but it probably wont come with the route. As this is set post-2011, before they were withdrawn, the majority of Cathcart's services were operated by class 314s. A 385 is defiantly not plausible, this train is too new for when the route is set. A class 318 or a 320 would be better as they mainly ran (and still do) alongside the 314. I doubt a class 380 or 334 I doubt would be added as I don't think they ran on this route at that time, I'm not 100% sure however

• Like Like x 1
  14. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I suspect the only reason they've already announced the 314 is because DTG are already working on a Southern 313, which is quite close. There may well be another train in production that's brand new. Personally I think it could be the 320 because they can use that on a lot of other routes with little work, unlike the 317/318 which is/was nowhere near as widespread.

• Like Like x 2