Glasgow - Stranraer

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by opgames, Sep 28, 2021.

1. opgames

opgames Active Member

Stations.
    Glasgow Central (High Level)
    Cardonald
    Hillington East
    Hillington West
    Paisley Gilmour Street
    Johnstone
    Milliken Park
    Howwood
    Lochwinnoch
    Glengarnock
    Dalry
    Kilwinning
    Irvine
    Barrasie
    Troon
    Prestwick International Airport
    Prestwick Town
    Newton-on-Ayr
    Ayr
    Maybole
    Girvan
    Barrhill
    Stranraer

Trains.

Class 156
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]The Class 156 'Super Sprinter' is a DMU. A total of 114 (/4 and /5 for ScotRail) sets were built between 1987 and 1989 for BR by Metro Cammel's Washwood Heath works. They were built to replace elderly First Generation units and locomotive-hauled passenger trains.

Class 334.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Built by Alstom in 1999, the class 334 is a ScotRail train in which entered service in 2001 for Strathclyde transport in the SPT livery.
    Class 318
    [​IMG][​IMG]The British Rail Class 318 is an electric multiple-unit (EMU) passenger train, which operates in west central Scotland. The units were introduced on 29 September 1986 as part of the electrification of the Ayrshire Coast Line between Glasgow Central and Ayr/Ardrossan. Usage was extended to Largs in January 1987. They were also used on the Inverclyde Line in small numbers. The trains currently operate Argyle, Cathcart Circle Line, North Clyde Line and Inverclyde Line services.

Class 380
    [​IMG][​IMG]The British Rail Class 380 Desiro is a type of electric multiple-unit train that operates on the National Rail network in Scotland, for Abellio ScotRail. (Formally First).
    The trains operate Abellio ScotRail services in the Ayrshire and Inverclyde region of Scotland and had originally been intended for the cancelled Glasgow Airport Rail Link. The construction was awarded to Siemens and announced by Transport Scotland on 11 July 2008. A total of 38 sets were ordered, comprising 22 three-car (/0) and 16 four-car (/1) units. Stations along the Ayrshire Coast Line and Inverclyde Line under-went platform extension works to allow the use of the longer trains. The trains were specified to have full access for disabled people and to have streamlined end corridor connections.
    Class 314
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG](I believe this image is of the 508/507 carriage that was to replace a class 314 driving trailer)

[​IMG]The British Rail Class 314 'PEP' electric multiple units (EMU) were built by BREL, at Holgate Road carriage works in 1979. They were the third variety of British Rail's then-standard 1972 design for suburban EMUs, which eventually encompassed 755 vehicles and five classes (Class 313/314/315/507/508).

THE END!

If I missed any train in which opperated here in 2011, please let me know.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 13
  2. bdlhouston#8691

bdlhouston#8691 Well-Known Member

Yes! For me this route is a must

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

As an EMU slag I'm interested in the units here, can't remember seeing them in a train sim before.

• Like Like x 1
  4. xi haoyu china

xi haoyu china Active Member

Another uk route with identical trains, i dont want this at all. but i never heard of this scotrail.

5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Stranraer would be great. Ayr to Stranraer was the first route I attempted for MSTS back in the day, wasn’t very good but would be nice to see in TSW. Even better getting a Class 40 layer in there.
    @xi haoyu… why do you keep spamming threads with nonsense? If you want Chinese routes make a dedicated thread with all the relevant details including how you think it will make DTG money.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

All of these would be great and have completely different feels

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

This ^

8. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

Yes please. We need a juniper and a deisro (idk if I spelt that right).
    Mk3 based EMUs are my favourite (especially 319s and 321s) so yes to a 318 as well.

9. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Ok, lets start with the basics.

1) Ayr - Stranraer and Troon - Glasgow Central are both seperate lines, Ayr - Troon is a joint section.

- Glasgow Central - Ayr (via Kilwinning) is the Ayrshire Coast Line, an Electric line, with branches to Large and Ardrossan.

- Glasgow Central - Stranraer (via Kilmarnock) is the Glasgow South-Western Line, a diesel line (the section between Glasgow and Barrhead/East Kilbride is to be electrified soon-ish).

- The two run alongside between Troon and Ayr.

So, the 156 would only be the southern section, whilst the EMUs would be in the north.

You'd be better off suggesting the Ayrshire Coast Line as a modern route, so the Largs and Ardrossan Harbour branches could be in, and it would be easier for DTG to make, as they could use the 380 as the only train (which is appropriate for the line) and use the 314 as layers for AI and Inverclyde services.

Of course, this is my opinion, as I have used the ACL many times throughout the years, with it being connected to my local line, but that's what I think about this.

As well, the 334, 318 and 314 all left the like when the 380 came in, with occasional trips, but not mainstream enough to warrant being included.

The 314 could layer from Cathcart, however, to cover Inverclyde services, and AI to Cathcart.

Explain how these are identical to each other or existing trains.

These aren't Electrostars.

And ScotRail is the national rail operator of Scotland, a constituent country of the United Kingdom.

--------------------
    Anyway, I'd like to see the Ayrshire Coast Line or the Glasgow South-Western Line, or any new Scottish route, however not in this form at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Anyhow if you go back further, Scotland has an increasing diversity of motive power that could appear on the Ayrshire Lines, some of which already exists in the game. Class 40 already mentioned, but Class 20, 37 and 47. Then huge scope for a Sulzer Type 2 pack - Classes 25, 26 and 27.

Like the guy who was spamming about Saudi routes a couple of months ago, the chances of a Chinese route making it into TSW are slim to the point of non existent. Moderators need to have a quiet word with this guy to stop spamming other perfectly good suggestion threads with his own agenda.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

xi haoyu china Please avoid comparing countries on anything other than their trains. It never results in anything positive. We give users who aren't strong English speakers some leeway when posting to allow for differences in language, but there are limits.

Everyone else, if you find any post objectionable for any reason please report it and we'll deal with it when it's warranted. I've purged this thread of off-topic posts to keep it moving.

• Like Like x 4
  12. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Standard 156 318 334 380. Layer from Cathcart Circle Class 314.

• Like Like x 1
  13. bdlhouston#8691

bdlhouston#8691 Well-Known Member

The 380 wasn't on the route at the same time as the 334/318 except for its first few days in service, so it would probably have to be the 380 and 156 or the 334, 318 and 156, the 314 would be able to do AI services to gourock and wemyss bay, i would love to see all 3 locos in game eventually.

• Like Like x 3