Fishing Sim World Glitched Online Catchless Sprees From Menu

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Support' started by J Teeps, Sep 22, 2018.

1. J Teeps

J Teeps Member

Okay, so I wasn't going to report this, because I figured I would get the typical 'learn to play' or 'get good' responses, lol. Plus as a real life avid fisherman, I completely understand the concept of patience. But after having it happen twice, I feel comfortable it's a legit bug.

No fish in water for unreasonable amounts of time, post menu tweaking:

So, I'm not sure exactly how to trigger the bug, but 'I think' after accessing your inventory, and 'changing' a lure / pole / etc (so not just switching rods, but making an actual change), the game can get glitched for no catches.

Bass Instance:

After practicing for the preditor and bass tournament setup in freedom fishing, I was ready to go. Started with bass tournament. Went to my spot, started fishing,and caught 4-5 bass right away, just like when freedom fishing (for 30 minutes or so).

I made a change just for fun to see how it would work, and I didn't catch anything for 5 minutes or so. Figured it was a bad tweak, went back to first setup, and didn't catch anyting for 35 minutes. I quit game, came back for last 4 mintues (half the time spent getting to location), and quickly caught 2 more bass. I was ranked terribly.

(played again right after, no pausing, hits the entire hour at a reasonable rate (mostly every cast), and ranked well. Exact same spot / setup)

Preditor Instance:

I caught fish on 5 of my first 6 casts, was going very well. Had 2 casts with nothing, and as always, I started tinkering, lol. New setup goose ege in 4 minutes. Back to goto (after making changes to 'rod 1' in settings) and no catch for 33 minutes (use iphone for timer because in game bug doesn't show it sometimes).

I moved a couple times, but nothing. Zero. So I quit out again, and back in for last 6 minutes, 2 catches, just like the start.

I understand fishing can be hit or miss, but 30+ minutes of quit literally nothing in a known good spot, with known good setup seems a bit off.

I plan to do some more testing with my last attempts (even though probably not best for scoring well, lol)

2. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

I had this tonight during a predator tournament attempt. Not a single pike for the whole hour. Tried the whole lake multiple times. It's as if the Pike's simply did not spawn into the lake during that session at all. Also never noticed any swimming around like one usually can see at that lake ( Grand Union )

3. J Teeps

J Teeps Member

I'm glad this wasn't just me (sorry it happened, but you know what I mean). I really didn't want to report this and to sound like 'that guy' that was just irritated that I had a bad performance... But with my two episodes with it, I'm 99% sure it's a legit bug.

4. Daft Badger

Daft Badger Active Member

Had this as well a couple of times & thought it was just me being rubbish lol.
    Was on Lake Boulder last night & nothing,one minute there were plenty of fish but i made a set up change & not a single bite.I then just drove around on my boat for 10 minutes & not a single fish on the radar.

5. frailkrazykev

frailkrazykev Active Member

i have just tried the single player match tournament on lake johnson, not one fish caught in the whole twenty mins this was also after i had made tackle changes in the main menu not at the lake by opening the inventory.

6. Bl1nkk

Bl1nkk New Member

Same here.

7. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

I have had this as well, but only with bass fishing.

8. Crescirian

Crescirian New Member

Same here.
    This happened for me in the first bass tournament on lake Johnson as well.
    No fish on fishfinder, no fish visible in water, and 0 fish caught.
    Like no fish spawned at all.

9. Devilsden

Devilsden New Member

They do vanish from the shallows into deaper waters on radar

10. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

I had this again happen on this weeks carp tournament at the canal. Fish for 30 minutes then suddenly the whole lake dies. All spots dead and even the feeding rings disappears.