Go Transit Richmond Hill Corridor

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by TorontoTransitFan, Mar 30, 2019.

1. TorontoTransitFan

TorontoTransitFan New Member

TRAIN SIMULATOR 2019
    CONTENT - ROUTE PROPOSAL
    GO TRANSIT RICHMOND HILL CORRIDOR

HEADNOTE

This is my official proposal for a Richmond Hill corridor route in Train Simulator 2019. I believe that Canadian routes are not sufficiently represented. All of Canadian routes in the game are freight, and if you want good passenger service, you have to go to the USA or UK section. Why can't Canada have some good passenger routes? There are many good options for this content, and I don't understand why DTG hasn't added any. This is my official request for the GO Transit Richmond Hill Corridor to be put in Train Simulator 2019.

ROUTE INFORMATION

The route typically starts at Toronto's Union Station* and currently ends at Gormley GO station**, making stops at Oriole GO, Old Cummer GO (actual name), Langstaff GO & Richmond Hill GO. Construction has started to open Bloomington GO, a station that would become the replacement terminus on the Richmond Hill line in place of Gormley. Examples of the stations will be attached. The platforms have a small hump around the middle of the platform for accessibility purposes. The linked schedule will be a schedule for daily trips from Gormley to Union, and the following schedule will be from Union to Gormley.

CONSIST INFORMATION

Trains on the Richmond Hill line are typically rush hour consists.. The trains always have an accessibility coach around the middle of the train. The trains operated on the line have a MP40PH locomotive, followed by 10 or 12 Bombardier BiLevel coaches. The cars have 2 paint variants. Pictures will be attached.

FOOTNOTE

I really hope Dovetail Games considers this. I believe this could be a big step into Canadian commuter line representation in TS2019. I may propose additional GO transit lines in the future, depending on the outcome of this proposal. Thank you for reading this, and good day.

IMAGES

*Image 1 - Toronto's Union Station - Aeriel View, Eastbound Entrance
    [​IMG]

*Image 2 - Gormley GO Station - Northbound facing camera
    [​IMG]

*Image 3 - GO Transit Richmond Hill line map
    Screenshot_961.png

*Image 4 - Oriole GO station, northbound camera
    [​IMG]

*Image 4 - Old Cummer GO station, unkown direction
    [​IMG]

*Image 5 - Langstaff GO station, southbound camera
    [​IMG]

*Image 6 - Richmond Hill GO station, unknown direction
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

This is a fantastic idea. It is not too long in length and can use existing rolling stock with GO livery. The photo of Old Cummer is facing north as the platform is on the right which is east. I have not been there in ages. It is a nice scenic route starting off in the downtown core then snaking through the ravine. I believe that users from all around would truly enjoy this route that you have proposed. I hope to see this one day.

• Like Like x 2