PlayStation Gold Medal Freight Exchange

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by welshredskin, Sep 12, 2020.

1. welshredskin

welshredskin Member

Hi all, been lurking for a long time but the Freight Exchange Scenario is bugging me so I thought what better place to ask.
    I never got round to buying Ruhr-Sieg Nord when it came out on TSW as I was more interested in British routes, however since TSW2 released I've fallen in love with the German routes and can't get enough of them now, learning about PZB and so on was interesting.
    Anyway, my question, is it possible to get Gold on Freight Exchange? I'm playing with all safety systems active, using AFB, never break speed limits, but the highest I can score is I think 5104, I've run this scenario at least 10 times today and still only Silver.
    I've never had any trouble getting Golds on any scenarios before, so if there's something I'm missing please let me know, it's really bugging me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I think this is about the last part. The STOP marker is some kind of 'inverted'. Try to stop the train much further, close to the walk-to-spot.

3. welshredskin

welshredskin Member

I'll certainly give that a go next time I try it, which will probably be in the next few minutes.
    Thanks

4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Same problem and same plan - hope this works :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. welshredskin

welshredskin Member

Not just me then, that's reassuring to know :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. welshredskin

welshredskin Member

Well, I stopped the train just before the red light in the paper mill, about 250 yards further down than the stop marker, I got an extra 30 points for running under the speed limit, but I actually ended up with fewer points overall than the previous run, 5080 this time.
    Once again, no speed limits exceeded, running with PZB and SIFA and using AFB.
    I'm beginning to think gold is unobtainable.
    I've noticed that in all the YouTube videos I've so far watched of this scenario on the PS4, nobody has achieved gold either.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

The game requires us to score at least 5350 APs to achieve a gold medal, and indeed this is unobtainable when you only do exactly what the objectives tell you. The "normal" 100% score is 5140 and with that you'll only get a silver medal. To get gold it's obviously necessary to score additional 210 APs by driving back and forth and this way accumulating APs for driving under the speed limit.
    A different and most welcomed other solution would be if DTG corrects the requirements! ;)

• Like Like x 4
  8. welshredskin

welshredskin Member

5140 is indeed my best score.
    Well, I never even thought about that solution, I suppose as it's not a timed scenario you won't be punished for taking longer, so I guess today I'll be doing a bit of reversing! Many thanks for the suggestion. I imagine in one of the yards would be best and not out on the line! :o Uncoupling might be an idea too.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. welshredskin

welshredskin Member

Finally got gold after a few attempts at finding the best place to uncouple and run forwards and backwards, originally tried it in the yard at Hagen, uncoupling and running up and down to the red light where you need to contact the signaller but after 10 or 12 goes the signaller doesn't appear to allow you to pass the red to couple with the timber train, eventually got it by uncoupling in the timber yard near to the stop marker and running up and down to the red light further down the line, it's a decent stretch without any of the shunting reds to cause a problem, I over did it and ended with over 5600 AP.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

One other thing I noticed when I ran this again this morning, anyone notice that on the first part of the run to Hagen that the gradients are back to front? Having run this route many many times you know when you are going to climb or not. I was in coast and actually gaining speed when the gradient was showing an uphill 1.5%!! I knew in reality this was part of the track where you descend

11. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Yes. It's a bug. The game sometimes doesn't recognize where the 'front' of the train is.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yep. I’ve mentioned the gradient issue in a separate post. Coasting yet gaining speed. DTG must have a list of things to fix an arm long. I just hope they do fix these new issues as they never seem to have time to do so.

• Like Like x 4
  13. welshredskin

welshredskin Member

I noticed this too, first time I played the scenario I thought my brain was backwards

• Like Like x 1