PC Good Update, Many Improvements. I Stopped Playing Over A Year Ago, And Here's Why.

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Ben132465798, May 30, 2022.

1. Ben132465798

Ben132465798 Well-Known Member

I decided to put a small disclaimer in here, it may very well be about German content, but it's not about the content itself, it's more about how and what DTG does with it. I am not that familiar with the outer countries, but it may still be wort reading
    First of all: It's good to see so many old products getting better, but the main points, why I stopped playing, are still there. Things that are not talked about, not being addresses and completely ignored. I.e., LZB on freight trains. Don't get me started, for real. NOT A SINGLE FREIGHT LOCO HAS LZB.
    I REPEAT. NOT. A. SINGLE. FREIGHT. LOCO. HAS. LZB.
    Oh and when I say freight loco I mean dedicated freight locos, not multi-function stuff like a 182, which does run in front of freight trains, but not where LZB is, so even if you count it as a freight loco, It'd be useless, as there are no LZB routes where it drives freight.
    Next point, dedicated freight locos. This is kinda like a wound point, I can talk hours about this. And I probably will, so, lean back, take a sip of tea and I explain how I got from "I kinda really like this game" to "Ugh, I don't fckng care anymore"
    Dedicated freight locos. We have countless 185 variants, any only 1 dedicated freight loco, which is not a Traxx. The 155. And new freight locos? Who cares about that, right? Freight was the only reason I played this game, and with DTG mentally abandoning freight there’s no reason to come back.
    They specifically said in one of the Streams for Dresden Chemnitz “We didn’t want another red 185”
    Yet they proceeded and put another silver 185 in. Wow, really, what the phuck?
    It can't be licensing, DB would've had other options (151,152,189,193 i.e.)
    I mean, I get it, it’s not that popular, but even when it’s in, not even the Pres-crew cares about it?! I am talking about the LZB for the 185s and 155s, as well as layering for the 155 and 182 for i.e. SKA. Which is not a thing, long after some of the pres-crew updates. Remember when the 146 got new sounds? Yeah, Matt proudly then showed in Stream the LZB functionality of the 146 on HMA. I thought, the 185 would get it as well. Silly me. It doesn’t have it until today. Oh, and the LZB on the 146 was Hud only, IIRC. Great. Really fckng great job.

You implemented a new mechanic for the 612, to drive HUDless, but when it comes to LZB, it’s HUD only, even though the mechanic is already there (423,101 e.g.)

I just wanted the above thing to stand alone, because I think, the priorities are set at the wrong point. Developing a new feature for a 612, I get it, a new DLC, and is used to generate money. But WHY THE PHUCK are you abandoning the old DLCs like that? RSN (Missing LZB on the locos, and IDK of the one scenario is fixed now), RRO (The buggy signal which shows a clear aspect but always give a 1000Hz), SKA (Layering for 155 and 182 not there), HHL (The way to short freight trains, which are shorter than an ICE, which wouldn’t profitable at all. Intermodal trains at a length of 200M? That’s a really, really bad joke. Those are pretty long all over Germany, and sadly this isn’t the only place where it’s to bee seen. HRR has the same. Short freight trains. Freight trains this long are mostly just a shunting loco (293/26/265) in front and E-locos more, almost exclusively on the heavier and longer trains. DRA is a good example of what freight trains lengths should be for mixed freight. For mass cargo like cars or containers is DCZ the best thing TSW had ever happened to freight. But, just DCZ.
    I think it’s better to stop here, because I could continue the whole day. I just hope, that, someday, at least some of those things get acknowledged and maybe changed. I certainly would like to see longer freight trains on HHL, HRR, and basically everywhere. And banking. Ugh, I wanted to stop this suffering, but okay, I’ll just talk about this really quick. You don’t need 3(!) locos for a train that short, 2 would be enough, 1at the front, 1 at the back, or 2 at all. But ugh.
    I think that’s it.
    Have a nice day y’all and stay healthy, I would really appreciate some feedback on this.

• Like Like x 5