Gp40-2 Buglist

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Daniel Bloch, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Yes this time i start my buglist before the release (some i did also report 7 weeks ago with the first screenshots.)
    Here they are:

*solved* - GP40-2 achievements are bugged, like some of the others from CSX and GWE.
    I allready got two GP40-2 achievements (see screenshot)

- Missing snow on the steps (see screenshot)

- Needles on the gauges are still not lighted, you barely cant see on cfm-gauge and ampmeter the needles.
    Its a WHITE needle above a BLACK background you really should see it better. I just looks like a dark needle above dark background.
    And at night you cant see a difference between the red and white needles on the brake gauges. The GP-38, SD-40, Class 66 and Class 43 have the same problem, you cant see the needles at night, PLEASE FIX THIS!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Gosh achievements are just not going well for TSW and DTG. People still get the exodus achievement for doing something like driving a 166. But this here is really messed up, the locomotive isn't even there and achievements are getting activated for it...

Also, it is important to note the sheer absurdity of the Quick Work achievement. 75 mph is the complete wrong number! 50 mph is the maximum speed limit for Sand Patch, 70 mph is the max freight speed in America, though even that is uncommon, and a GP40-2's max speed is 65 mph. So not only is that achievement asking you to break the rules, it is impossible without going at speeds that would slowly destroy the motors of the GP40-2! (And knowing TSW's shoddy physics, the GP40-2 won't be able to get above 65 mph under its own power.)

(Also, I can confirm that needles on just about everything out there are designed to glow with the instrument lights on. The needle itself might not be glowing, but it definitely gets lit up by the backlight. For some reason the needles in TSW are not lit up by the light from the backlight.)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Daniel Bloch

I wonder why the DTG guys don't see this, do they allways drive with the cab light on at night? Wich is totally unrealistic, nobody would drive his car or train in real life with the interior light on to see the needles on the gauges...
    Yes the 75mph achievement make no sense too... Is this a train simulator or an arcade game where you go as fast as you can with your train no matter what the real rules are? The maximum speed of the real GP40-2 is 65-70mph...

4. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your thoughts guys, I've made the team aware :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Daniel Bloch

To clarify what i mean look at this screenshots. Do you think a real train driver has this bad lighted gauges at night? You can not even say what needle at the US-loco brake gauge is white or red.
    And on the class 66 and class 43 you cant see anything on the gauges at night.

CSX SD40/GP38:
    [​IMG]

GWE class 66:
    [​IMG]
    GWE class 43:
    [​IMG]

Take a look at this video, this is how the gauges and needles at night look like in a (german) class 66:

And here is how the US-gauges look like at night, you can clearly see white and red needles, not black ones!

• Like Like x 3
  6. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Looks like the Quick Work and Moving Power were fixed. Quick Work is also for 40 mph now, which is a lot more reasonable and can acutally happen without breaking multiple rules.