Great Central Mainline London Marylebone - Rugby Central

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by supersimfan#2303, Feb 23, 2021.

1. supersimfan#2303

supersimfan#2303 Well-Known Member

Hi all, this is another route suggestion that i think would be great for TSW and is considerably different from all the other threads i have posted on the forums this route would be set in the 1940s / 1950s and would feature Steam locomotives which would be the first route to do so and this route may even feature some of the earliest diesel trains to run in the UK
    This route would go from London Marylebone to Rugby Central
    this mainline is currently disused and long forgotten about, but left behind some of the most incredible disused bridges and tunnels in the country.
    The mainline was built by Sir Edward William Watkin who was on of the most ambitious railway entrepreneurs of the time.
    the route was suppost to offer fast express trains from London to Manchester which was a big industrial hub at the time
    Many say that Watkins had an idea to run trains from Manchester (UK) to Paris (France)
    since he owned many routes in France, the SE&CR (South Eastern & Chatham Railway) from New Cross to Dover, The Metropolitan & District Railway.Co (the Metropolitan Line) from London Marylebone to New Cross he constructed the Great central mainline from Manchester to London Marylebone and he was also one of the first people to propose the Channel Tunnel
    [​IMG]
    I Think Im starting to turn this into a history lesson so lets get back to the actual suggestion
    Anyways i think this route would be great for tsw since it no longer exists and it is also a great suggestion since DTG might be bringing steam to the game in the near future i think if dtg was to create this route they wouldnt need copyright since the route no longer exists

i would say"if you have read this thread" which, obviously you have so thank you for reading i would like to see some steam locomotives in the game in the next coming years and i would like to know what you think of this route and what locomotives you think should be included with it.
    Thank you:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 3