Great Western Main Line - London To Bristol - 1978

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by meridian#2659, Sep 1, 2021.

1. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

As im driving the "br diesel legends" dlc i enjoy driving the timetables and all, just the modern gwr environement ruins it for me personally.

So i thought about a start for DTG with implementing longer routes. Im fully ok with a higher price because a route is 100 miles plus.

The Br Blue "Great Western Main Line, set on 1978" would be perfect for a nice rolling stock too (New and existing).

Im just tired of getting routes with only half of its real lenght.
    The Solution could be the possibility for a large route with an increased Price.
    And for people dont need the entire route also a buy option for only a half section.

What are your thoughts?

I dont think the current routes are technical limited. They are probably never intended to sell them for more than 30euros, but maybe im wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

As someone who has spent far too much on Western Mainlines but still not enough to get everything working, I'd love to see a full GWR of any postwar era. I have to say, it isn't price that stops them from releasing long routes, so I'd hate to see it end up as a Bristol to Swansea only run.

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

London to Bristol is 90 minutes, the line goes to Penzance (a further 3½ hours...) so the line's "real length" is a lot further than Bristol

4. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

Well, you could also say the line goes to Pembrokeshire, but that isn't the original GWR either. Brunel's original project was Paddington to Temple Meads.

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Of course, but we're not talking about the 1800s, but even in the 70s the route went beyond Bristol

If someone wants a line to Bristol then say that rather than using spurious logic (which will almost always be wrong in some fashion as you pointed out above)

• Like Like x 1
  6. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

This would be the ultimate exprerience. Maybe we´ll have those big size routes at some point in future.

7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Way to do this is something like existing GWR Diesel Legends London Paddington to reading then continued Westward by GWR 1970s Diesel Legends reading to Bristol Temple Meads 82 miles that should solve the issue. At Reading Station you're going to get this prompt do you wish to continue to Bristol yes or no? Yes boot up GWR 1970s Diesel Legends Bristol to reading but No is return to main menu free roam scenarios