Great Western Mainline And Horseshoe Issues

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by tanyaJ, May 31, 2020.

1. tanyaJ

tanyaJ Member

Has anyone else had problems with the OHL on GWML? The power thingeys that connect the wires to the gantries are missing and at other points they are there, but just hanging in the air like skyhooks.
    Crazy.....

I cannot load the Horseshoe route. It seems to be a problem with some of the locos, whose images do not shew up in the panels.
    Running in 64 bit in Windows 10 on Lenovo Ipad 330
    TanyaJ

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The GWML is 8 years old and the wires have always been like that - Koln to Dusseldorf is the same and Hagen to Siegen

If you are thinking of when you select a loco there is no picture just try running it
    Sometimes the pictures are missing but the scenario still works
    But if the Scenario won't load then you might have to lower your Graphics setting in the game

Peter

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

This could also be a graphics setting. Some overhead wire stuff needs full graphics density to show in game.

With regards to the lost or missing locos, it's true that you could be missing these locos (ie someone's put them in the scenario pack as a taster for you to then get more DLC) or it could be that the picture file is missing from your assets folder.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The LOD on some of the Structures is set too low so they only appear in the Editor - My Graphics are on Full and I see this
    Screenshot_Great Western Mainline_51.52145--0.20039_12-02-29.jpg
    In the Editor when you place you mouse near the stanchion it appears
    Sub 1.jpg
    The LOD on the right in the box I have circled shows 1 - change it to 5 and Save the game and it appears
    Screenshot_Great Western Mainline_51.52145--0.20047_12-03-40.jpg
    But it's not the thing we should have to do, especially if you are new to this.
    You should raise a ticket with DTG on this page http://dovetailgames.kayako.com/

Peter

• Helpful Helpful x 1