Great Western Mainline, Duff Coal Run

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by bilirubin, Jul 17, 2018.

1. bilirubin

bilirubin New Member

Hi,
    I keep getting stuck at a red light at Didcot Parkway 4, have tried 5 x times and each time red light holds me for 20 minutes plus or until I get bored. I have asked permission to pass and pressed the tab key but both options denied, when I do pass game says I have failed.

Full details are:
    Great Western Mainline.
    Duff Coal, Class 47, triple Grey, time 30 minutes.
    Proceed to Didcot via Oxford up South, Hinksey up, Didcot Reception 2 terminating at Dicot unload 1.

I uncouple 1 x power train at Didcot Unload 1 and get told to proceed to Didcot Ash Loop to collect some empty wagons. The journey takes me via Didcot Parkway 4 and it is here at the end of the platform I come up against red lights that will not let me past no matter how long I sit there.

Any suggestions?

Many Thanks

Mike

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Have you pressed 9 to bring up the map and manually change the switch, I believe that is what is holding you up.

3. bilirubin

bilirubin New Member

Hi Michael, no I haven't however it is not a turn out/points I am being held at it is a totally straight line. Are you saying I can change a switch to turn a red light to green?

4. Michael Newbury

Yes sometimes scenarios do not tell you you will need to manually align your switch, once you change the switch press the tab key and you will approval to pass.

5. bilirubin

bilirubin New Member

I have cracked it. After watching a clip on Youtube last night I realised to get to Didcot Ash Loop I have to manually change some points and then reverse up into the loop to collect the empty wagons. After doing this I drive back out towing the wagons and when I get to the red lights at Didcot Parkway 4 that is the end of the task, hence the reason they would not let me past before.
    I have just completed it with a +496 score so happy with that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Michael Newbury

Glad to hear you were able to complete the scenario.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Reading the instructions always helps.
    Your next instruction should have been to couple up to several wagons at Didcot Ash Loop rather than stop at Didcot Parkway 4
    If in doubt, press 9 for the map view, click on your next instruction and click Show Task at the bottom and the map will zoom to where you're supposed to be going

8. Michael Newbury

I admit to having done the same thing, the only way to learn is from your mistakes.

9. bilirubin

bilirubin New Member

Thanks for the replies guys.
    ARuscoe: Yes I did that, that is how I figured it out, I was going straight to Didcot Parkway 4 instead of Didcot Ash Loop. However I did it correctly last night and all is good.

10. shepsalem41

shepsalem41 New Member

Hi having trouble with great western main line class 47 Duff coal scenario which may be my fault but I will still ask, played it 5 times and
    every time I finish at Didcot Parkway 4 the message comes up that the scenario has not been completed even though I have done all
    that was asked of me, would it be that it was because there is a time limit ?

11. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

When it does this it also tells you why. Can you screenshot this and post it here?
    Did you ensure you did the final bit of shunting as per bilirubin above?