Great Western Railway: London Paddington - Oxford

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kosti.nuuja, Feb 18, 2021.

1. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

The GWE route for TSW2 is set in 2016, when the electrification was in progress. I'm suggesting this same line set in 2019/2020, when the electrification is complete. The GWE is also a short route, so this one can also include Didcot and Oxford. This is not a route extension. It's a new route, which is set in same place in current time running from Paddington to Oxford. I'm suggesting to add Oxford, because the line between Oxford and Didcot is still non-electrified. This route would feature class 800, which is a bi-mode train. The mode must be switched at Didcot Parkway.

Rolling stock:

GWR class 800
    GWR class 387
    GWR class 166

• Like Like x 10
  2. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Hopefully no one says to slap a GWR livery in Livery Editor with the 377 and 395

• Like Like x 3
  3. gibsonaj1

gibsonaj1 Active Member

Any extension to the Great Western route past Reading would be a major improvement.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I was just thinking to myself that now, where the power change thing is a possibility, why not have a route where we change from AC to Diesel. This would be one of those candidates with the Class 800 :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. gibsonaj1

gibsonaj1 Active Member

Exactly Cramnor, I noticed that most of the track since GWE came to TSW2 has had overhead power line added along the route now. Seems a bit pointless if DTG weren't considering to add new rolling stock to make it more up to date. This route has so much potential to be expanded and improved in the future if Dovetail could be bother to do so !!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tasr

Tasr Member

DTG want to keep the setting time of the route consistent, the route is set 2015/2016, before GWR had the 800s and the 387s. However, I do think an extention to Oxford, and maybe Swindon would be good, I don't have hopes for the new classes, especially since crossrail does stopping services on the route now

• Like Like x 1
  7. B3N

B3N Active Member

well, what you could do is to use the livery editor for a GWR livery and aadd it on the scenario planner ;)

8. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Brilliant suggestion, would be even better with the twyford, Slough and Maidenhead branch lines
    Also, dtg already have the tfl and gwr licenses