Greater Anglia | Geml

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by b.cc235, May 3, 2021.

1. b.cc235

b.cc235 New Member

Introduction

This has been a personal suggestion of mine for a while now and I would love to see what others think. With Greater Anglia introducing their new fleet over the past year, I think it would be great to see some brand new polished trains in TSW2.

Routes

I understand this is a long stretch, but I'm recommending the Great Eastern Main Line (London Liverpool Street - Norwich). Whilst you could have some fast services up the entire line, you could also have a stopper service from Liverpool Street to Ipswich, stopping at all the intermediate stations (Shenfield, Hatfield Peverel, Witham, Kelvedon, Marks Tey, etc).

Additionally, more routes could be introduced in the future like the Southend Victoria branch and Stansted Express services to Stansted Airport.

[​IMG]

Trains

I would LOVE to see the Class 745s and Class 720s run these routes. I know this may not go down well with the enthusiasts who love the old trains (e.g. 321s) but I think it would be amazing to see such an incredibly designed train run this line. You could also put the Class 720s on the stopper services as they're great for that.

These are personally some of my favourite trains in the UK due to how bright, luxurious, modern and welcoming they are. Let me know what you think.

[​IMG]

Extra Features

Like with the upgraded PIS on Southeastern Highspeed, it would be great to go a step further with this line. I'd love it if we were able to hear the actual voice announcements on the trains. The Class 745s and 720s have very loud, distinct and informative vocal announcements. I think it would be incredible to try this out and hear it in-game.

[​IMG]

Conclusion

Overall, I'd love to get some feedback on this suggestion as it's something I've wanted for ages. If you agree and would like to see something like this too, show some appreciation on this post! Greater Anglia are redefining their whole network over the next few years and it would be absolutely incredible to see this as an addition to TSW2.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  2. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. tom.c0

tom.c0 New Member

I would love to see the addition of this on TSW2.

• Like Like x 2
  4. b.cc235

b.cc235 New Member

I agree, even London to Ipswich would be fantastic. I know how much people love the old trains but I would really love to see the new ones, something different.

• Like Like x 3
  5. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Also in my WAML thread I realised abellio's logo isn't even on the trains any more, making this possible.

6. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Add in the branch lines to Felixstowe and Harwich and I would never drive any other route :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  7. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Along with the sunshine coastline. Would be just grab my money- they are my local lines

• Like Like x 2
  8. jules.simpson2266

jules.simpson2266 New Member

This will be the best route for anyone who like to sit behind the controls of a new polished train and admire the great scenery of Essex, and Suffolk that’s has to offer. Also I live just of the GEML so it would Ben nice to see my house

• Like Like x 1
  9. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

Don’t forget about a class 90 passenger loco hulled and class 66 on fright services

Regards

10. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

And 90’s and 86’s on freight!

11. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'm not quick to upvote even more UK routes, but I have some fond memories of the London-Ipswich route in Train Simulator. Especially if it contains some older rolling stock.