Greetings

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by stubcrouch, Mar 22, 2021.

1. stubcrouch

stubcrouch New Member

Just returned to Train Sims after using the BVE Simulator from Series 2 to 4, years ago. Enjoying TS2021 via Steam - though I'm there does occasionally seem a disjoint between the two portals. I have downloaded additional lines and trains successfully, but purchased the South London Network this week and despite clearing my cache, verifying my files and restarting left right and centre - it's refusing to appear on my TS2021! Grr!

2. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. Has the route actually been downloaded and installed? There can be a delay after purchase especially during sales.

3. stubcrouch

stubcrouch New Member

Hi! I'm hoping this is the case. Though it's been a few days now. I've noticed they have a habit of mysteriously "appearing" sometimes!

4. JJTimothy

Oh. Hours maybe but days would be unlikely. Does it show up in your Library under Manage my DLC? If so is it ticked as installed? (If it doesn't appear at all I think it's time to open a ticket with Steam.)

5. stubcrouch

stubcrouch New Member

Yes! It is ticked on the DLC - but nothing at computer level. I have also checked that the Dovetail Account is linked to the Steam Account, which seems to be the case.

6. JJTimothy

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

TS has to have the Steam app' running to start and the app' either connects to Steam when it opens or warns you that it can't so you'd know if that was a problem.

Where do they appear and have you been able to select them?

Do either the trains or the route show up in Quick Drive?

I don't have the route so, to be clear, it's this one yes?
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/222638/Train_Simulator_South_London_Network_Route_AddOn/

Where have you been looking for it?

7. stubcrouch

stubcrouch New Member

Evening all. I don't know if this is progress, but the "South London Network Scenarion Pack 1" now appears on "My Profile" page. If I click on it a box comes up with "Details, Description and Achievements" on with a "Career Drive" button on the bottom, which if clicked takes me back to the "Quick Drive" page -with no reference to the SLN.

Is this progress? :o

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  8. JJTimothy

Elephant in the room question- did you buy the route or did you buy a scenario pack?

9. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Looks like you bought a scenario pack - this requires the base route to work. You'll need to by buy this:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/222638/Train_Simulator_South_London_Network_Route_AddOn/

10. stubcrouch

stubcrouch New Member

You might just be onto something there. Think my hand must have slipped in the recent buying frenzy! Ah well. Will have to wait for the next "Half Frice Sale" to pick the rest of that one then! Cheers! :)

11. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Check out the current March Madness sale on the DTG website : think I saw the route at a very good sale price.

12. stubcrouch

stubcrouch New Member

Yes! Had an email today that the Madness had returned. I know the feeling!