Gwe Add On Ps5

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Tay95, Aug 23, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Sorry if I have missed an update on this issue -

GWE on my PS5 is still showing as £24.99 on the store even though I had this on the PS4? Shouldn't this be free for me to download?

Again, sorry if I have missed anything, been busy at work and not able to look at every thread.

2. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Its been like this since the core update screwed everything up. Dlcs you own are priced as though you didnt own them. They won't show in game after installation either. Been like this since last thursday.

• Like Like x 1
  3. melvikb76

melvikb76 New Member

Are you looking in the store in game or the pan?

You could try pressing options and I think one of the options is game content, it lists all your dlcs I downloaded all mine from here.

I’m also guessing you do have the Ps5 version selected in the same options

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Are you definitely using the PS5 version of the game? If so, it should be visible and install fine - if you scroll all the way down from the TSW2 icon to the bottom "Add-Ons" menu, then go to the far right an click "View All Add-Ons", it'll be in there and should be showing FREE. Probably still an issue with the DLC if you're battling along with the PS4 version on your PS5 for some reason...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

I'm sure I'm using the PS5 version, will double check though but 99% sure. It shows at full price in game and also when I browse in the PSN store on the app or on the home screen.

Just confirming I would also get it free as I had TSW on PS4?

6. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

I'll try and do that, see if it works thank you

7. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Easiest way to check is hit the Menu button on the TSW2 icon and choose Game Version at the bottom of the list - should have a tick next to "PS5 | Full | Train Sim World 2".

Yeah, everything I had in TSW2 on PS4 has carried over to TSW2 on the PS5 version for me.

8. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Thank you. Will check tomorrow fingers crossed!

• Like Like x 1
  9. melvikb76

melvikb76 New Member

Good luck, and yes all my PS4 content copied across

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Update - am using the PS5 version of the game but still no joy with the GWE DLC still showing as full price in game and on the PSN.

I then switched over to the PS4 version which showed my dlc as having GWE and also WSR. But both of these are full price on the ps5 version.

Confusled

11. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Just running this check -

Got TSW on my external hard drive, TSW2 in the game console drive thingy. Will copy TSW to the game console drive and see if this helps, and maybe the two games can "talk" to each other.

UPDATE - Obviously made no difference ahaha

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  12. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

haha was going to say this will make zero difference.

where does the price show? On the option to download? Have you tried to click do see if it’s a simple download after this (what I mean is does the PS store pop up saying I’ll charge this to card 1234 or preferred payment)

maybe if you manage the game. Start button then manage game content, does GWE appear in the list with an arrow to simply pull it down here?)

13. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Well-Known Member

Have you tried restoring your licences?

On your PS5, go to Settings > Users and Accounts > Other > Restore Licences

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

GWE doesn't show in the manage game content.

And I will try to go through with the 'purchase' and see if it changes before I confirm it.

15. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Will try that tomorrow! Is anyone else getting this or just me? From the posts I've seen it's all PS4 troubles

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

so odd you are getting this. The main error was GWE not downloading for the 5 and everyone got the same error, this was solved at the weekend.

Not sure if the licence restore will help but it’s a good suggestion and worth a shot.

Did the final purchase screen give you option to download or charge to card before the final confirm? (Of course don’t purchase!! Small disclaimer before someone grills me)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

I know! I keep asking myself "are you sure you had this for tsw" haha! But certainly did.

I'll do the 'purchase' test tomorrow and cancel before the last confirmation screen!

Now I think of it - I had TSW on disc if I remember rightly and have since sold this ages ago and COULD have deleted the old TSW (before I installed TSW2 when it came out). But surely it would be on my psn account that I have already purchased the dlc?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

was wondering how you got on. Guess if it was on disc you might not own it anymore?

you could dig out all PSN store purchase emails with a quick search (assuming you haven’t deleted them)

I had a similar issue which I have moved on from.

Xbox one x, collectors edition on disc. Sold both game and then console.
    Xbox series S now and installed again for the sake of it as it’s on game pass, no sign of the once owned routes as they were disc content never purchased from the store.

I primarily play and post in this forum though as both 2020 and 2 owned on this (PS) platform with all content :D

19. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

That's a good shout, GWE was on disk!

But then there's WSR, that wasn't on disk as I downloaded that.

Still need to try out the restore licenses...

20. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

So going into the PSN store & in game store to try and purchase the route just showed it still as 24.99 up to the point of confirmation.

I then restored the licenses but still no luck.

I've just searched the DLC for the old TSW and GWE preserved collection appears as 'Unavailable" for TSW 2 (see pic). When I click learn more it says I need TSW. However this was one disk and now gone to another home.

Any DTG folk able to assist or know if GWE for PS5 is having issues? Or is it because I had the disk version of TSW that PSN won't show that I had it and therefore gotta download GWE?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  21. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Standby!

Changing the game version to PS4 shows the GWE available to download for free however when I click download it says something went wrong - error ws-116483-3.

I have now just seen the attached thread (pics) where you gotta ask for codes to download the DLC you owned on disk.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  22. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Tay95 ah last chance saloon and you’ve gotta message them. Why I didn’t think of this post before I don’t know, apologies I didn’t think to suggest this. I assume you have pinged them already.

thank you for sharing the screen shot if the search results when looking up “great we” made me chuckle today thank you. Hope they sort you out a code soon.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Haha not your fault! I have just messaged them, although I haven't got the disk box anymore if they need that!

I really appreciate your help with this issue Tynmar, your persistence is really good and helpful!

24. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Tay95 honestly I’m hanging my head in shame a little as should have figured out you’ll need to contact as soon as you said “disc”

in other news the TGV runs great on the ps5 version if you have that? Why I never used speed selector in the past is beyond me :D

• Like Like x 1
  25. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

I've downloaded the other preserved routes which makes my library more 'busy'! Getting ready for BML!!

26. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

I will have to try the LGV again, did the tutorial but was absolutely baffled by it, does it eventually click and make sense?

27. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

I’m also excited for this route. Had to change at Gatwick airport station yesterday, nearly posted a photo, as new areas/platform upgrades were “under construction” and thought no, don’t be so sad, wish I did now lol

the 3rd post down here/ the sticky. Sigh. It eas staring us in the face the whole time.

Slight digression but I’m guilty of this 1 in 4 posts :D

hehe do the tutorial again and again? Might sink in a bit better. I just started it afresh with the new profile and once you play it a few times you’ll be on autopilot.

Out of interest what parts baffle you?

• Like Like x 1
  28. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

BML was my local route since I was born, probably know it like the back of my hand!

I didn't even see it was a sticky thread!!! Just searched up a keyword and found it. What a wally :D:D

29. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

how awesome no wonder you can’t wait for the route to come out

I was in Eastbourne yesterday and the driver was spot on with the speed restrictions at Lewes :cool:

30. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

I can't remember it was a while ago, I just remember being puzzled by the speed control. You're right though, I'll do the tutorial again and again until it sinks in.

31. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

simongilford

hmm this might help.

reverser forward. Throttle off.

driving control bottom right dial on the central box,
    Move this to the speed selector option. Usually on manual control.

throttle 100%

then top left of the central box, select the speed.

And “Voila” (not viola) :D

• Helpful Helpful x 1