Gwe Hst Exhaust And Quiet Horn.

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Rob39, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Theres a noticeable error with the exhaust effects. 2 white plumes shooting 50ft up in the air rather dramatically from the lead power car. MTUs tend to give off more of a heat haze effect, but Im fine with tweaking instead of changing. I understand that could be more work than necessary. The problem for me is where this is overly exaggerated at the front. There is absolutely nothing coming from the rear. Even if I power down, zoom out on the free cam and put the engines in notch 5. I can see the front engine smoking ahead in the distance and the rear going right past me, giving all the right noises but visually looking idle. Rolling away into the distance looking a steam train would. Personally I would have the same clag effect, but have it dissappear after a couple of feet, on both powercars.
    Also on the Hst. The horn volume is barely heard anywhere, apart from around the front cab. Its not even heard from the rear cab, its hard to describe, sounds more like an electronic keyboard tone than an air horn. Ie. If Im walking along the beach in Dawlish a Hst could either round the corner ar Dawlish Warren or enter smugglers tunnel at the Teignmouth side , sound its horn. You would not only hear it but you would recognise what was coming due to its unique tone. Needs more of a deep booming effect. As you have done fantasticly well with the 33 dlc.
    Ive added a pic demonstrating the exhaust issue. Its a photo of my tv. Still can be seen, the yellowish v shape in the distance.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018