Gwe Preservation Crew Update.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Rob39, May 18, 2022.

1. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Is there any chance, that as part of the update to GWE you could look at reducing the plumage on Diesel locos, in particular the GWE HST? As it stands, the 66 has an unusually long trail of exhaust(sure it happens on occasion), and the HST(MTU) has a large V trail, if these locos were set to limit plumes to a few feet from the exhaust they would both look much better.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Or even better do what Armstrong Powerhouse have done for the last few years and have a random variable "plumage" for diesel locos which can be random or adjusted by the user from 0-10

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

That would be something, probably limited by the tech and negative effect on fps.

4. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

Also, the HST doors shouldn’t close when moving, They don’t auto-lock in real life and I have seen many drivers driving with them open.

the Class 166 should have working windows to open too I believe, oh and both the HST and Class 166 cab seat view heights are a little low.

• Like Like x 5
  5. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

I would suggest that new or reworked exhaust particle effects, e.g. smoke, will be updated when the steam particle effects proofed good enough to bring the tech into diesel smoke.

• Like Like x 2
  6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Good points Gary. It's a source of frustration that I can't run the HST with the doors open to hear a bit of engine noise, yet the Class 395 running at 140 MPH on HS1 allows you to do so, in game!

• Like Like x 1
  7. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the update of still one of the best routes so far imo.

I'm just hoping they don't change the track to the new UK style that seems be the norm now. Just fired up Tees Valley which always, imo, had a very nice loking set of tracks. But now I think, due to the update, the tracks have changed to the L2B style which I don't particularly like. They seem to have a repeating dark texture which I think is to counter the pop in effect. Also I don't think they blend that well with the surrounding ballast, like the older tracks did. I actually wouldn't mind if they kept the old GWE tracks because the pop in effect doesn't massively bother me, I'd prefer the nicer looking older track to the L2B style. But I'm probably in a minority on that one.
    The German routes have a great looking set of tracks, especially the Dresden route which have tracks of varying ballast colour - surely the UK routes could do the same! The German routes also have the correct fonts for speed boards, mileage markers etc, why do the UK routes suffer from the generic same fonts? Small changes such as these make such a big difference, to me anyway.
    Hopefully the next new UK route will include these changes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

With any luck once the GWE update will drop the modders might take a look at it.

9. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

With a bit of luck it might even drop by December :) Looking forward to play GWE for xmas.

• Like Like x 2
  10. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

The way it is going I think you maybe right.

• Like Like x 1