Gwe Recent Improvements?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by david5150, May 14, 2021.

1. david5150

david5150 Well-Known Member

I haven’t been on GWE that much since it came over to TSW2 but after playing it tonight I can’t help but think the scenery has improved massively from the 2020 version. On that version you’d think it was in the desert. Very green and lots more buildings now. Has this always been on TSW2 or have I not noticed?

2. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

For me, gwe doesn’t stutter as much and is much more optimised.

3. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

GWR got an overhaul when it came over to TSW2 , I think the scenery was also upgraded along with the sounds

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s not changed. It was one of the routes that was preserved in a better state than a lot of the others, with proper attention given to the physics and sounds of the trains but the scenery is the same. The overall look (higher contrast I think) of TSW2 is slightly different but the route was always one of the best looking ones, even in TSW2020. I’m not sure there are more buildings but the draw distances may have changed slightly but there are no huge changes. A lot of the scenery detail and the trains pop in later on this route than with others and that may be a little worse on TSW2 but as I can’t run the two side by side, I’m going to say they are more or less the same. A lot of routes used too much bloom on the lighting, so going back to GWE where there isn’t much (if any) bloom, you see it as being fresher and brighter than you might remember.

• Like Like x 1