1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gwr Hst

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by danjoda755, Aug 1, 2019.

1. danjoda755

danjoda755 Member

Having very comfortably mastered the HST, I decided to try pushing her to the limits, got her to 150mph on a Paddington to Cardiff service. Aside from avoiding faulting out by running a red signal, and I imagine a lower point score, has anyone experienced any other consequences like derailments, engine overheating or anything else? Just curious.

2. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

You did better than the real thing, they've "only" got 143mph out of that. Did you get to overtake any slower moving HSTs? :D

I would imagine it would be hard to derail on Brunel's billiard table, the route's very straight and flat.

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  3. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Member

If you want to derail a HST the best way i've found is to take one out of the sheds near Acton yard, go as far as you can go without passing a red signal, then put it in reverse and max out the throttle to hit the wall :)

4. danjoda755

danjoda755 Member

Hi. Nope, no overtakes, surprisingly few yellow signals. I was hoping for a bit more realism though, in my past career (NYC Transit, retired now), I'd have been skinned and eaten for hot dogging, even if timed signals permitted such merriment! Funny, I needed a nap after my morning runs, dreamed I was dragged behind an SW1000 for showing off, lolll. Train nightmares, ai yi yi!!

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  5. danjoda755

danjoda755 Member

Not exactly looking to derail, more curious about potential consequences of cannonballing in TSW.

6. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Active Member

I think in TSW 2020 the new scoring system will penalise you for breaking speed limits.

• Upvote Upvote x 2