Gwr Recruitment Help

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by smugstarlord#4202, Feb 1, 2023.

1. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

As the title suggests, I need a bit of information from those who currently employed at GWR.

I've steadily been progressing through my application to the point where I've successfully reached the online assessment stage.
    I've been given my first one today (numerical) and proceeded the best that I could. I managed to get to question 19 out of 25 (I believe) before the time ran out.
    The question is, is it an instant fail as I couldn't complete it in time or is it OK as long as I pass my other 3 assessments. I'm so close and feel utterly gutted about it.

2. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Don’t worry about it. Most of these psychometric style tests are not designed to be completed and they are just assessing the relative speed and quality of your work.
    Someone who has finished all questions will likely have more wrong answers which is not what safety-critical employers want. They want accuracy and attention to detail.

3. smugstarlord#4202

Ah thank you. It's settled the anxiety of it and I have a better understanding of the tests. If only they mention that in the email before hand

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I went through the same process with SE two years ago. Got to the depot manager stage but then turned down, possibly because I hadn't spoken to an employee of theirs IRL
    From what I've seen and read since this is an important thing, so I would suggest making sure you do that bit if ever you get to the interview stage!

5. mgbgt

mgbgt Well-Known Member

Great Western! I wouldn’t worry mate as long as you can understand the West Country folk, accept the salty air will make you bald and get on with older people you should be fine!

In all seriousness though good luck and sorry I couldn’t give you any decent advice!

6. smugstarlord#4202

I appreciate all the advice. I've spoken to GWR staff at my local station about the role when I applied. The salty air is fine with me and I'm already bald, so that's not a worry haha

7. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Good luck on your quest!

I had such a dream many moons ago but was ruled out straight away because of glasses with a considerable degree. I´m not sure if 20/20 vision is still an issue, but it certainly made sense by the time.
    Good to have TSW then (if it just wasn´t so bug-infested .....)

• Like Like x 1
  8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Did you take their names and roles? I was asked this at interview. Who I knew or had spoken to, what they did and so on.

9. mgbgt

mgbgt Well-Known Member

Perfect just the accent to master then!

10. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

By the way, you may be more likely to get more responses on RailUK forums or WNXX.