Hakodate Main Line: Sapporo - Takikawa

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Passarino, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Passarino

Passarino Member

Hakodate Main Line: Sapporo - Takikawa
    (日本語)函館本線:札幌ー滝川)
    Hi all :) I'm going to share an idea for a Japanese route, sadly not shinkansen, but still interesting (I think)!
    I'll also be trying to incorporate some Japanese in this as I'm in the process of learning it. Thanks!
    今日は皆さん!僕は日本の路線の考えを話したいんですが!悲しく、新幹線ではありません。まだ面白いだと思います!ありがとうございます!(僕の日本語が下手なら、ごめんなさいと言います)
    The Route:
    路線:
    • HML is 83.5 kilometers (51.8 miles) between Sapporo and Takikawa.
      札幌から美唄まで、函館本線(HML)は83.5キロメートルです
    • From Sapporo to Takikawa, the HML offers 22 stations.
      HMLには二十軒の駅があります
    • HML has an operating speed of 130 KM/H (81 MP/H)
      HMLの回線速度は130キロメートル・時
    • HML is a narrow gauge, dual track, electrified line running with 20kV AC current in overhead catenaries.
      HMLは狭軌鉄道し二つ線し高架線です
    Map: 地図:
    upload_2021-11-19_19-34-29.png

The Rollingstock:
    車両:
    (Images can be clicked to lead to their wikipedia for more information)
    (写真にクリックをしてた、ウィキペディアをリンクします)

789-1000 Series ('Kamui' limited express):
    789系1000番「カムイ」:
    [​IMG]

733 Series:
    733系:
    [​IMG]

As much as I love writing in Japanese, from here on out I'll be just using English for simplicity and to not butcher another language any more than I have.

Why the Hakodate Main Line is a good option for TSW2:
    The Hakodate Main Line expands much further than the locations listed, but I think this shortened version would fit perfectly in TSW2. 22 stations, especially with the option to run a local or limited service.

With the 789-1000 Kamui, players have the option to run a limited service in an extremely unique Japanese EMU, while getting more than just one stop at each end. The Kamui runs 24 or more services in a single day, giving players a substantial timetable feature on it's behalf. Each Kamui service would reach 5 stations on this proposed route.

If limited services are not of interest, then the 733 Series brings a wide timetable to mainline with a local service stopping at all 22 stations, from Sapporo to Takikawa.
    This route would also leave open the option to add in more locomotives, freight and passenger, all on the same line.

And to end it, here's a cab-cam inside a 721 series. For this route selection, start at 43:48 and watch until 2:30:48. This is a local stopping service, and these timestamps will start you at Takikawa and end at Sapporo.

• Like Like x 8
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

A Japanese route has got to come at some stage but will probably be dependent on DTG getting a reliable local associate to produce it.

3. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Seems like a nice suggestion, and I like the look of the 733 series.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Passarino

Passarino Member

Thank you! And same, I like the uniqueness of this route's rollingstock

5. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

Added to the Japanese master list. The other Hakodate suggestion we have is for Sapporo - Asahikawa, and with a different rolling stock selection, so I added this one as a separate proposal there.

• Like Like x 1