Halle (saale) - Bebra

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by BR430, Jan 19, 2021.

1. BR430

BR430 Member

The Halle - Erfurt railway line (also called Thuringian Railway, Thuringian Stammbahn) is a double-track, electrified main line in Saxony-Anhalt, Thuringia and Hesse. It leads from Halle (Saale) via Naumburg, Weimar, Erfurt, Eisenach and Gerstungen to Bebra. The route is part of the main connection between Berlin, Leipzig, Fulda and Frankfurt am Main.

The section to Gerstungen was laid out by the Thuringian Railway Company and that from Gerstungen to Bebra by the Hessian Friedrich-Wilhelms-Nordbahn-Gesellschaft. Both sections were completed at the same time and commissioned in 1849. The original route length is 210 km and leads from Halle (Saale) HBF via Erfurt HBF and Bebra HBF. I'll add a couple of pictures here. The original railway line normally starts at Halle (Saale) HBF at 0.0 kilometers.

Hence the suggestion first Halle (Saale) HBF - Erfurt and later Erfurt HBF - Bebra. Personally, I don't know the route, but I think it will be more interesting from Erfurt HBF to Bebra, see pictures.

Further information can be found on Wikipedia (Halle - Bebra railway line):

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahnstrecke_Halle–Bebra

Halle - Erfurt.jpg

Bad Kösen bridge across the Saale 55.2 km
    Saalebrücke Bad Kösen km 55,2.jpg

Bei Saaleck:
    Bei.jpg

Werrabrücke:
    Werrabrücke.jpg

I would be very happy if this route could appear in Train Simulator in 2021 or 2022.

Best wishes

BR430

Attached Files: