Hamburg - Bremen

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by BR430, Dec 15, 2020.

1. BR430

BR430 Member

Hamburg - Bremen

The railway line Wanne-Eickel-Hamburg is also the most separate railway connection between the Ruhr area and the
    Metropolitan region Hamburg one of the most important railway lines in northwest Germany and taxes over
    the cities of Münster, Osnabrück and Bremen. Certainly the Hamburg - Bremen section
    interesting, because the further section Bremen - Münster is already available for the train simulator.
    The section Hamburg - Bremen was 115.6 km and you can use the
    Use the metronome train.

It was founded from 1870 to 1874 by the Cologne-Mindener Eisenbahn-Gesellschaft (CME) and branches in
    Wanne-Eickel from its main line (Cologne-) Deutz-Minden as part of the Hamburg-Venloer Bahn. Today is
    they are expanded as a main line through closed at least two tracks and electrically, in parts
    the liner control added up to 200 km / h.

Because of the day and night vision of rolling freight and passenger trains, they are nicknamed "Rollbahn".[​IMG]

Hamburg - Bremen.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea, and can be combined with Hamburg-Hanover perhaps in the workshop to make a mega route.

3. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

That route exists as a freeware route, but I don't know where that tis available.

4. Cyclone

I did find this, but it's to the west of the Hamburg to Hanover route. The freeware would be much shorter. I wonder if it's at SimTogether or railsimulator.net but have no idea myself.

5. frank351981

frank351981 Active Member

Right: Hamburg - Bremen is a old freeware route that was part of the Freeware "Knotenpunkt Hamburg" build before 2010. As I know this is not available anymore, but that´s not bad because the performance was really bad with lot of Temp Dump (it was that time no TS-64bit was existed), and there was a lot of assets in it, that was unnecessary.
    But thank the community someone has overhauled this Knotenpunkt Hamburg in some ways: some assets was sorted out and the whole thing was splitted in several single routes:
    - Hamburg - Bremen [track building not so good, short curve radius, etc]
    - Hamburg - Neumünster [I believe it was a little overholed in scenery]
    - Hamburg - Ludwigslust [I personaly cannot drive into/out of Hamburg, because TS crashes between Billwerder and Bergedorf]
    - Hamburg - Lübeck [have we from DTG, which I prefer]
    If someone will test/install it: Installation is not easy and notably not for beginners! However, it could be that some assets are no longer available and theres not al listed in the readme. So some stuff you need might be must search in the WWW. If someone still interested you can get the routes here [German language!]: https://rail-sim.de/forum/filebase/entry/2522-einzelstrecken-hamburg-bremen-hamburg-lübeck-hamburg-neumünster-hamburg-ludwigsl/

By the way: in that forum you can find also the old route Geislinger Steige from Augsburg to Stuttgart (the area around Stuttgart is without scenery/unfinished/..), that was originally needed (or included in the assets(?) from Knotenpunkt Hamburg. Here too, the size of the route was reduced and is now single. But as described in the readme, there will be (lot) assets that are not available anymore.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  6. Cyclone

I just Googled looking for more information on this route after finding a set of files that seem to be this route. I didn't find the information on the original download; however, I found the following:

Hamburg-Bremen.rwp
    Hamburg-Bremen_AssetsPack01.rwp
    Hamburg-Bremen_AssetsPack02.rwp

Those just appeared on a site that 749006 posted to the third party repository yesterday and I believe represent this route. Enjoy. I have no information on whether other assets are required, so a TS-Tools run might be necessary to check this on a clean installation after installing the two asset packs and the route.

I do not know where scenarios are for this route. Some may exist further down the list in the source: http://treinpunt.treinenwereld.eu/RW/

7. toms87

toms87 Well-Known Member

The freeware route is very outdated. Would not mind seeing Hamburg-Bremen as Payware in a modern state. Would be great for two part scenarios from Hamburg to Münster with long distance trains. The south end of the route (Münster-Wanne-Eickel) would also be a welcome addition to Train Sim Classic.