PC Harlem Line / M3a Master Key Bug In Snow Globetrotter

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by jared, Mar 19, 2022.

1. jared

jared New Member

Title:
    Harlem Line M3A master key cannot be removed

Description: In the Snow Globetrotter scenario (and in other timetabled services as well) the Master Key cannot be removed from the M3A cab, despite having put the master controller into 'Emergency' and the reverser into 'Key Out.' In the Snow Globetrotter scenario in particular, this means that you cannot progress the story beyond arriving in the Mount Vernon West yard. Since the master key won't come out, we can't cut the train and continue with the scenario.

Steps:
    • Choose 'Snow Globetrotter' scenario.
    • Drive to the Mount Vernon west checkpoint.
    • Follow the locomotive shutdown procedures, including setting the master controller to 'Emergency' and reverser to 'Key out'
    • Note that the Master Key will not move out of the "In" position. Attempting to move it with either the mouse or the keyboard shortcut are unsuccessful.

Actual result:
    Scenario is stuck with no way forward, key remains firmly lodged in console.

Expected result: Master key should remove from console, scenario should progress to next step (cutting cars).

2. Ramagani

Ramagani Active Member

I have try. Arent work work. Still are stacked there with "key out". Someone else hav an idea

3. Ramagani

Ramagani Active Member

I have find the Fail there. If you aktiv the markers you will see that two steps arent inside the to do list

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. GoldenTicket420

GoldenTicket420 Well-Known Member

I had this issue before on PS4 as well because I don't play with notifications or button prompts. But once you get to Mount Vernon put the brakes into emergency turn on the market lights turn off the headlights then pull out the key and it should tell you to uncouple. I realized that the instructions do not tell you anything about marker lights or headlights and that's how I got stuck last time.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. jared

jared New Member

Brilliant, thank you. I'll try this out next time I launch the game.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jared

jared New Member

I finally had the chance to come back to this scenario, and I see what you're both saying (the in-game prompts point you at the headlight & marker lights before the reverser settings). So I followed the in-game prompts, and the master key is still stuck in the "ON" position, and the in-game prompt is pointing at the master key saying it needs to be removed. So, I am still stuck on this one on PC.

• Helpful Helpful x 1