PC Harlem Line M7a Ai Motor Sounds Don't Play

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by LimitedEdiition, Apr 11, 2022.

1. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

With the release of today's patch on Harlem Line, I was looking forward to sound fixes regarding the AI M7A on Harlem Line, however, it seems like this was not addressed today. Not a big deal, sometimes certain items may take more effort to solve. After all, some DLC like the Class 313 still do not have working flange sounds to this day, and it was released months ago (although this really isn't acceptable in my opinion). My goal is to hopefully have DTG address that they will work to correct it. I have already submitted a ticket and they have logged it, but I have also submitted tickets regarding a similar issue (Class 375s and the 377 from East Coastway do not play deceleration motor noises), and the response was essentially they screwed up the audio configuration of those trains and that issue will forever remain. I want to know specifically if this problem can be fixed, or if it will forever remain broken.

The exact problem is that motor sounds for the M7A only play on 2 cars of an entire consist. It doesn't matter if it's a 6, 8, 10, or 12 car train, the M7A will only play motor sounds from 2 of the cars. Sometimes they don't even play at all. This bug is not exclusive to PC, but on all platforms including consoles. I have attached a video with timestamps in the video description which demonstrates the problem. This is not a critical bug like stuck AI in the route, but it is certainly immersion breaking, and should definitely be fixed at some point. My goal today is to get more people to submit tickets on this issue (https://dovetailgames.freshdesk.com), so DTG will move it higher on the priority list and can clarify on if they will commit to fixing it. I fear that they will never address this like the missing Electrostar deceleration audio, so make your voice heard in their ticket system and lobby them to fix it!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Exactly the same as on LIRR and it’s been like that for so long, I can’t even remember. Such a shame, as the M7 was one of the best sounding trains in TSW.

3. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

It's a bit different to LIRR. On LIRR the M7s will have a fixed pair of cars that make sound. On Harlem Line however, it will be always the 2 cars closest to the camera when the sound effect starts. So if you're at the front of the train when the train starts accelerating, it will be the first cars. If you're at the rear of the trains, it will be the rear cars making sound.

You can try it by looking at the back of your train when you take off from a station. If you go back to cab view, your train will be silent.

• Like Like x 1