Harlem Line Preview - Question Thread

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DTG JD, Mar 9, 2022.

1. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hello folks,

This week, we'll be previewing the Harlem Line: Grand Central Terminal - White Plains with M3A and M7A - and here is your chance to ask questions ready for the stream. Matt and myself will be live from 20:00 UTC previewing the route - if you have anything you'd like to know about the upcoming route, just comment below and we'll do our best to get it answered!

If you haven't already, it's worth checking out the First Look article.

See you on Thursday at 20:00 UTC!

• Like Like x 14
  2. mikeypl

mikeypl New Member

Is there a yard and any timetable services that use it (i.e. bringing a train into service at the beginning of the day or putting the train away after a long day's shift)?

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Will the LIRR M7 and M3 be updated with the new sounds?

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

I just want you guys to know my comment has nothing to do with metro north but with a cab car glitch so whenever you put a livery on a cab car any try to do a scenario with your livery all of your cars will be fine but the cab car would be flipped around having the cab car facing towards the front of the car not the back just wanted you guys to know thank you have a great day and can’t wait for metro north I’m really excited

5. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

- Have you learn from the previous mistakes made on LIRR and Boston - Providence regarding the ATC, will this route finally have an accurate represention of the ATC?
    - Why did it took so long to make this type of dense commuter routes, the community loves them
    - Will LIRR benifit from the Harlem Line improvements and features?

• Like Like x 6
  6. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

I wouldn't normally comment here, but I do have 3 questions for the upcoming stream here.

1. Is Highbridge Facility going to be represented as part of the route? Considering that it's located not much further on from Yankees-East 153rd Street.

Answer: No it is not. But apparently, you will see Depot services come from there.

2. What's the plan regarding Hudson Line services on this route?
    Will we be able to drive them as far as the aforementioned Yankees-East? Or will that place be solely for Harlem Line services that go there during match days and the Hudson services are solely AI?

Answer: Yes, The Hudson Line services between Grand Central Terminal & Yankees-East 153rd Street are drivable.

3. A big one for me, How much of Grand Central Terminal will be accessible? Will we be able to access the whole thing/both platform levels of the station, or will be only part of the station be accessible and the rest of it is blocked off?

Answer: Only the upper-level platforms will be accessible. The lower-level platforms are AI-only.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
  7. mickelmickle

mickelmickle Member

How much AI traffic will there be ?

8. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

I got pictures
    upload_2022-3-9_8-45-38.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

How have the station PIS systems been done with this route? Are they authentic? There is plenty resource material on the forums, that should allow you to make authentic PIS for this route.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Will there be working railroad crossings ?

• Like Like x 2
  11. 1979

1979 New Member

This is more of a question if you decide to read questions before operating a service: Have the MNRR M3A and M7A been given more accurate sounding traction motors, or are they identical to the LIRR sounds that we currently have?

With that being said, like all the new American routes, do they both come with revised horns AND that both MU's have a different sounding Leslie RS2M? The MNRR like the LIRR, with their M7 and M7A units, both come with restricted Leslie RS2M's while the M3 and M3A come unrestricted. (unrestricted and restricted by air line size) Size of the line changes the sound quite a bit.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Mevans193

Mevans193 Well-Known Member

Are there any New Haven Line services since there's no M8s in the game?
    Will SPG grade add any freight cars in the sidings or AI traffic on the Oak Point Link?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I second this question as with the route being very short this can be the major highlight and is a legendary railroad landmark.

As for my questions:

If these units prove well made, can LIRR ones be updated using them to improve their overall quality?

Have changes/improvements been made to safety systems? (and again - porting those back?)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

05BD04A3-1B6E-45C0-9620-EC3B77850D63.jpeg
    EB6FA421-B220-4F25-80EE-CD249CAC9690.jpeg
    May I ask if this is for train simulator 2022 or is this per train sim world 2

• Like Like x 5
  15. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

16. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

I'm literally begging that's for TSW 2 because LIRR TSW2 DESPERATELY needs a DM30AC/DE30AC DLC

• Like Like x 5
  17. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

I know people who know people

18. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  19. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

1. Will the LIRR M3 now go on discount or reduced on the basis we'd have to buy again to use on LIRR
    2. What actually makes this route different to others or is it just an American BML with no new gameplay elements
    3. Number of services?
    4. Route length?
    5. Interesting features on route?
    6. What's been updated on M7?
    7. Has the safety systems been sorted or will it be another LIRR, Boston oddity?
    Thanks JD

• Like Like x 2
  20. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

I can’t wait your profile picture XD

• Like Like x 1
  21. ILied

ILied Active Member

Has anything unique been developed for the route?

22. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Have the MetLife building been updated and included into the game? Have the skyscraper building been fixed? Have the PIS been update in station to the most current PIS which is the OLED screen with more passenger info with blue and white word font and color coded for the different line such as green background for the Hudson, Blue for the Harlem, Red for the New Haven Line, and etc.

Will we hear More Realistic Sound of the M3A and M7A in term of engine propulsion, AC Sound, Louder Horn and Soft Horn just like the one in real life? Have the Audio been significantly improve on the M3A and M7A? Will we see more realistic city scenery, building, and assets, just like how it’s is in the real life route?

Will we finally get more realistic track sounds such as the real sound from the M3A and M7A when in idle position on track, realistic clickely clack sound of train on the rail. Going through junction, and crossing the bridges, Realistic screeching sound of the train metal frame going through a curve and stoping, Realistic City Ambient and More Atmosphere, Realistic Grand Central Terminal Ambient and Atmosphere where you hear the Ceiling Fans whirling on the platforms and power on, while still being able to hear the engine and propulsion on the M3A and M7A, and the Overall Route feeling of being on the Harlem Line like the Real One.

Will we get to finally hear more audio sound especially on board the train platform Announcement of upcoming stops and in station platform? Will we be able to set up the POS Station Destination sign in the M3A and M7A?

Will we be able to Drive to Yankee Stadium and use this in timetable and scenario planner?

Will we see other AI Train On route heading to other parts of the line despite the fact that Hudson, New Haven Line are not Build yet?
    Will we have more train coming in and out of Grand Central Terminal and Harlem 125th Street, and MORE AI TRAIN to get a sense of rush hour feeling on this route?

Will the Hudson Line be continue work on since Yankee Stadium is included In this route?
    Will we see static model of the P42 or 32 Genesis in game, Shoreliner Cab, and Car, along with M8 in game?

23. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I so agree with you, Let’s all hope that this is for TSW 2, because it have to be ABOUT TIME ALREADY!:D

• Like Like x 1
  24. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Hopefully you are wrong because I really do want to see this in TSW2, since we desperately need new loco ALREADY:cool::D

• Like Like x 1
  25. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Will the Metro North M3A and M7A have accurate sounds, (more accurate than the LIRR M7 and M3).
    I for one, think that those old sounds need to be updated sort of like what happened to the new Amtrak ACS-64 on Boston Sprinter.

For reference use the following video made by a fellow railfanner who was recording an M3A Front Railfan Window (RFW) from Grand Central to Dobbs Ferry on the Hudson line.
    - In the video you can notice the new traction motor sounds and propulsion for the M3A as it stops and goes throughout the route. (Pay attention to the first stop at Harlem 125th St to hear the motor sounds and propulsion as it slows down to stop and speeds up once the M3A leaves.)
    You can also hear the safety signal bell to ensure the operator is active on the controls while operating the train.

Start watching the video at 4:00 and continue to watch as the M3A slows down to hear the wonderful traction motor and propulsion sounds, then listen as it leaves. Feel free to watch the entire video to hear various moments where you can hear these wonderful sounds. This is what the M3A should sound like in TSW 2.

I think these should be added to the M3A on the Harlem line for TSW 2, or at least be made to sound like this. As this is how our M3A sounds today with updated sounds.

Credit: Random Railfan - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNqyMqswEyP6vUJyG3qlxVA

• Like Like x 2
  26. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Will we finally get Better Realistic Cab Lighting and Realistic Headlight, Ditchlight,Tailight for the M3A and M7A?

Will we finally get better Realistic Lighting for Nighttime and I will finally be able to See IN THE DARK ESPECIALLY IN THE TUNNEL?

Will Nighttime View be Realistic as how it is in Real Life, Especially in the city where all the Building lights , Station Light, and other things Light up in the Dark.

• Like Like x 1
  27. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I think they know about this already since we as a community already complain about so many time time in the forum so hopefully they listen also didn’t you say that they got an MTA Metro North Engineer working with them?

• Like Like x 1
  28. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

as the author of the model I can 100% tell your that they are user generated content planned for Train Simulator 202x, lower your hopes as aren't coming to TSW.
    this also reminds me that I have to put a disclaimer on stuff I made...

That is just a render made in Blender (via Cycles render engine), although I already attempted to do an export to TS.

• Like Like x 2
  29. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

All we are getting of GCT is what we got of Victoria: the subterranean platforms. No atrium or concourse; not gonna happen. TSW has never modeled those, except where they are part of the platform area as at Munich and Paddington.

30. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

What is DTG's response to the backlash of the short length of this route considering that North White Plains is a turn around point (not a terminal station) for local services to get them back south bound quickly into Manhattan whilst southeast is the actual proper terminus for the electric trains of the Harlem line

• Like Like x 2
  31. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

Well it most likely is gonna come out for TS2022 because when I t’s out for
    TS2022 It’s gonna be easier for dovetail to make it and improve for TSW2

32. brfan#9132

brfan#9132 Active Member

Will the Harlem line sounds get updated in the LIRR route?

33. carter

carter Active Member

Will the PIS screens be different from the LIRR ones?

• Like Like x 1
  34. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Ah Ragno welcome back to the forums long time i haven't seen you here

35. trainsimfan94

trainsimfan94 Member

Will we have enough time to drive the train from the yards to the station??

• Like Like x 1
  36. solicitr

You know the answer without asking the question.

• Like Like x 1
  37. carter

carter Active Member

Because grand central terminal has two levels who will that work?

38. carter

carter Active Member

The only thing I have to say is how will we get from the top platforms and the lower ones.

39. solicitr

We won't. Only the Metro platforms will be accessible.

40. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

actually this doesn't says much, as both the GCT levels which are currently in service are used by MNRR, lower one is used during peak times, afaik.
    there are also two others levels due the LIRR ESA, which aren't open yet, anyways.

41. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

From cab ride videos it looks like there are stations that can only fit 4-car trains, while 8-car trains are stopping there, only opening the doors on the front 4 cars (similar to LIRR). WIll this partial opening of the doors be simulated, or the doors will just open even at cars that areoverhanging the platforms?

42. carter

carter Active Member

Metro north operates two levels of platforms.

43. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I didn't ask you. I thought you went to English class.

44. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

Will extension track packs be a thing Meaning if I wanted to go to Irvington station from Grand Central station all I have to do is pay $20 and then boom it’s added to the map I think this would be really useful and dovetail can make a lot of money off of it and everyone who plays TSW2 Would be really happy as well so basically would be a win-win

45. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

And if you can’t can you at least try

46. carter

carter Active Member

I do think dovetail should do that.

• Like Like x 1
  47. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

So you are saying we will see a part of the corridor where the clock is located in the center of the main hall?

48. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

LOL :D

• Like Like x 1
  49. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Will we have half open ceiling where light come in to the tunnel and have light in the tunnel so that we can see when driving just like the real route?

• Like Like x 2
  50. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

How do we operate the door in the station that has an extremely short platform and will we have a guard signal bell?

• Like Like x 1