Has Anyone Else Encountered A Weird Glitch With Custom Liveries On The Class 387?

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by james64, Feb 28, 2022.

1. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I'm on PS5, in case that's relevant.

A while back I tried to make a Great Northern livery for the Class 387, I painted the body white and when I went to make the cab ends yellow, for some reason the end gangway doors on the front cab remained white. I tried fiddling with different layers but nothing worked. The doors would always remain the same colour as the body paint, save for some thin vertical streaks no more than about a few pixels wide. The only way I could get the end doorway yellow was to paint the entire body of the train yellow and use layers to cover the sides etc of the train white. I eventually gave up and just thought I'd wait for creator's club to come out (I have a low attention span when designing liveries lol).

Fast forward to now, and I've downloaded a GWR reskin and a Great Northern reskin from the creator's club. Both have the same issue- on the GWR one the end cab doors are green and on the Great Northern one they're white, This is even more puzzling as the screenshots on the creator's club show that they're fine. I've even seen the exact same GWR reskin used in screenshots on other creator's scenarios and they're fine too.

I've tried redownloading the skins at least twice each. I even reinstalled London Commuter in the vain hope that maybe that would sort out a weird bug only I have- also to no avail. I'd love it if someone could offer some help, it's so frustrating having these beautiful liveries but not being able to fully enjoy them.

2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah it’s just the way it’s been prepared for LD, only way to deal with it is to as you did, paint the body.

3. james64

So then how have other people seemingly managed to get these liveries just fine? If the person who made them designed them by painting the body yellow then how come the livery is wrong when I have it downloaded?

4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Graphical glitch? You can manipulate the liveries by simply zooming out, and in the case of the 387, the coloured layer probably will show up if you’re zoomed far enough out, my suggestion would be to hop into LD and see if you can replicate that.

5. james64

But I can't go in to the livery designer to look at liveries downloaded from creator's club. I've tried zooming out as far as I can in game but this changed nothing.

6. howzatlbw

howzatlbw New Member

Graphical issue affecting PS on subscribed liveries. See thread in Technical Reports titled:
    PlayStation - Creator’s Club, Liveries Glitch A Bit

• Helpful Helpful x 1