Has Dtg Mentioned When/if They Will Fix In Cab Signals On Sherman/sd70?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Easy301, Sep 11, 2022.

1. Easy301

Easy301 Active Member

I bought Sherman Hill recently and was disappointed to find the in-cab signals don't work.

If you turn the fuse on the signals only display a red/yellow in the cab regardless of the actual aspect and limit your train 25mph, giving you a penalty break application if passing that speed.

I had no idea why I couldn't go faster than 25mph until doing a Google search and seeing it was related to the broken in cab signal system, oddly enough I've seen people state it works fine if you take the SD70 onto other routes and that the problem may be related to Sherman.

A lot of these threads were back in 2021, I'm surprised it's been so long without a fix. Have we heard when/if this will be addressed?

Also, where's the appropriate place to submit bug reports? I made a thread asking this in the PS5 forums but got no answer, the support link for the ticket system I've found posted by DTG staff members doesn't work when you click on it and gives an error.

There's some London Commuter services that can't be completed after an hour of work due to indefinite red signals from traffic's conflicts.

Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

We're still waiting for BS incab signalling to be fixed first!! Although I have to give credit and say this has been improved on recently.

3. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Most likely answer : never

• Like Like x 2
  4. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Try also posting in technical reports section. For the most part, dtg aren't always going to respond since they aren't able to be on the forums 24/7 and keep up with everyone. Hopefully someone in the community can help you out if you post in the right forum.

Safety systems probably won't be fixed any time soon. And in terms of red light issues, it's a route by route basis and complicated to address quickly.

5. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

They hate the US railroads for some reason, so most likely it will never get fixed. LIRR's whole signalling is a buggy mess and has been from the start. Boston Sprinter is okay, but also has some issues even after several patches. Sherman Hill started out good, then they broke the in-cab signalling in a patch and hadn't mentioned it since.

US clearly is the least favorite child, sadly.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Whitsim

Whitsim Member

It’s a two edged sword. Both the wayside and equipment has to be properly set up.

Harlem has the most realistic US signaling to date with both Cab Signalling and PTC (ACSES). Not only does the wayside signaling but also as important the equipment is able to read that signaling and act accordingly based on what operator reaction there may be. It’s not just displaying numbers or aspects in the cab but also if there is any associated train enforcement.

• Like Like x 1
  7. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

231st of julember after they released the tsw2 and 3 updates onto tsw5 unreal 5 edition

• Like Like x 2