Hauptstrecke Stuttgart - Neckarsulm

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Noel06, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone!
    Today, I'm suggesting a scenic route in the south west of Germany. The "Hauptstrecke Stuttgart-Neckarsulm". This route is a part of the popular "Frankenbahn" going from Stuttgart to Würzburg. "Hauptstrecke Stuttgart-Neckarsulm" has a top speed of 140 kilometres per hour and has a length of 58 kilometres. The main line has two tracks throughout and also has extra tracks for the S-Bahn line S4 (to Ludwigsburg) and the S-Bahn line S5 (to Bietigheim-Bissingen). Those S-Bahn lines belong to the operater "DB Regio AG S-Bahn Stuttgart".

Trains:
    1. - The BR 1428 (in a six or four part unit); in "Bwegt" Livery (also known as the Stadler FLIRT 3)
    - Operater: Go-Ahead Baden-Württemberg Gmbh
    - Train Lines on this route: RE 8

[​IMG]

2. - The BR 442 (in a five part unit); in "Bwegt" Livery (also known as the "Talent 2")
    - Operater: (now: Abellio Rail Baden-Württemberg Gmbh; from 31 of january 2022: SWEG)
    - Train Line: RB 18; RE 12

[​IMG]

Layers:
    - DB BR 423 (from Expansion Pack) could drive S-Bahn services.

That was my suggestion. If you like it, make sure to give it a like and let me also replies or questions below.
    Take care and goodbye!
    Noel06

Here my other suggestions:

Loco Suggestions:
    The Rhein Ruhr Express
    The "DB BR 412" / ICE 4

All ICE Generations In One Package
    Intercity 2

The Ice1 / Br 401
    München Augsburg: Ice 3 Velaro D / Br 407
    The "DB BR 402" / ICE 2

New Loco Add On For Ska DB BR 193 / Vectron
    DB BR 440.0

Route Suggestions:
    Hauptstrecke Stuttgart - Neckarsulm
    Bahnstrecke Stuttgart - Horb
    Bahnstrecke Mannheim - Frankfurt (Main)
    Schnellfahrstrecke Mannheim - Stuttgart / Highspeed Route Mannheim - Stuttgart

The Main Neckar Bahn In Germany
    New German Route

Other Suggestions:

Hauptstrecke München Augsburg - Expansion Pack

Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 15
  2. cedric.kleinbach

cedric.kleinbach New Member

Yessss I'd love to play this route, especially since it has so much to offer!
    Like freight services from Kornwestheim to Bietigheim-Bissingen or Heilbronn Gbf. It might be the perfect length for an route add-on too.
    Easily one of the most underrated routes.

However: when it comes to licensing, DTG might face some issues with the 'new' railway companies taking services around this region. Best solution would be to implement the already existing DB trains and loccos, to have a 2019-version of this route.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Herr_Hornbuckele

Herr_Hornbuckele New Member

Very nice but imo it would be very nice to also add the S4 branch at least to Marbach, ideally to Backnang, and the S-Bahn tunnel up to Stuttgart Schwabstraße like DTG did on Dresden - Riesa with the Meißen and Großenhain branch. This would not only add S-Bahn services but the Marbach/Backnang branch would also be used for a ton of freight services. The upcoming BR 420 could also be layered onto the S4/S5 (and also S6 up to Zuffenhausen if DTG bothers to properly model the Zuffenhausen station) since these were the last lines where the BR 420 was operated frequently on.
    Also I'd like to point out that at least right now, RE12 trains are also Talent-operated, not Flirt-operated.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The solution might be Deutsche Bahn train DB BR1428 DB BR442 with Bwegt decals sort of like Nahverkehr Dresden VVO MDV DB BR442 780 785 766.2 Doppelstockwagen VVO decals.

5. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

The BR 1428 is from „Go Ahead Baden-Württemberg GmbH“ and not from Deutsche Bahn. The Talent 2 is part of „SWEG Stuttgart“