Hausach To Konstanz - Re4703 To Konstanz

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by OldVern, Jul 29, 2022.

1. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

This scenario cannot be completed.

After departure from the last station the signal protecting the single line is at red with that on the adjacent (LH) line showing green over yellow, but no train is approaching. Using 8 view and I navigated to Konstanz station where a passenger train has the signal onto the single line but checking in the editor this train has no instructions. It is not possible to Tab past the red signal.

Can this be looked at please.

2. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I think it happened to me after a savegame resume that this train (which has a destination) is not moving.

It's a known thing that things can go wrong after resuming a saved game especially on scenarios with a decent amount of AI, like this one (29 services).

That's why it's good authoring practice to do multi-part scenarios if they'd become too lengthy to play.

Play it in one run. I choose only to save on my Freeroams.

The train leaves at 8:05, then your path will be clear. Be assured, I've played through it two times. ;)

11.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. OldVern

Yes it is a two and a half hour scenario so very hard to complete in one sitting.

I'll reload the last save and see if the path does clear but think I had got past 0805 with nothing happening. Up to that point it was a really good run and I shouldn't let this detract from what is otherwise a superb route.

4. OldVern

No everything is still stuck. Bad luck I guess.

One thing I have noticed about this route is that when it does load, the signals have temporarily reverted to red and it takes a few seconds for the game to initialise everything. Almost caught me out with a SPAD on a previous resume where I was approaching a signal which was clear when I saved and exited but confronted by a red when the save loaded. So (just a theory) possibly when the signalling is restored, the game is changing priorities and clearing routes for later or even static AI trains which then lock everything up.

5. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Could probably be the complex signal scripts not saving correctly. Just don't save Vern ;)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Signal scripts do not save at all. They are stateless code. The sheer amount of signals makes the init process a bit slow. Signal scripts can only init when all signals were loaded. And no, it has nothing to do with that stuck train in Konstanz. That is some sort of core bug. There are a few reports that this particular scenario does not work towards the end, but not mich. On most customers machines it works as intended, same as on the creators and testers machines. Nothing much i could do. It's TSC, it has its flaws.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Thanks for the info, Maik.

It worked for me when playing it straight through without saving. Which was fun, I know that area pretty well, as the Black Forest is my home.

As you said it's very likely to be a core dispatcher savegame bug as it happens on a lot of resumed scenarios.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  8. OldVern

Thanks guys. To be fair it’s the first time I’ve encountered issues with the save game in TSC as opposed to TSW. However I just don’t get the time to do a two and half hour run in one sitting.

9. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Maybe when you're old you'll find the time :o:D;)