Have Dtg Staff Ever Been On A Train??

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by eire007, Aug 14, 2021.

1. eire007

eire007 Active Member

I can’t understand a game about trains and something which is normal to trains is missing.

Why when playing is it so hard to hear the wheels clattering over the tracks?? It’s like the trains glide along. This is either a sound issue not balanced right or this team have never heard a train before. I hear it over the junctions but how about every 30 seconds or so hearing it as u race along. Where is the realistic element?

The sounds inside some of the cabs.
    Where do I start??

Give an option to switch off the annoying droning of the fans. Look at the East Coastway route.
    Great route but the fans in the cabin drowns out the whole experience. A few times it powers down and it’s bliss. But starts back up and when I use with head phones it’s shocking.

The GWE Route, my fav route and love the class 166 but when they updated the sound I can no longer hear the wheels go over junctions. It’s like I have a lawnmower in the cab with me.

Sound issues and not being able to hear the wheels on the tracks is such a vital part. Can’t believe for most of the game it’s a missing.

Is this just an XBOX issue?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  2. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

You have some valid points. Sometimes I wonder if anyone at DTG have been on a train.

• Like Like x 3
  3. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

If you observe carefully in the game, from near to far, you will find that when laying the route, most of the DTG is laid in a straight line, and the railway and terrain should have the correct slope.

4. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

If you're talking about the clackety clack sound then most modern railways especially routes with high speed/lots of freight/high traffic volume use what is called continuously welded track rather than jointed track which doesn't make that Noise.

Also this newer track laying method reduces ongoing maintenance requiring less possessions to repair and check the rails.

• Like Like x 2