Have They Forgot About The Crr Sd40 Horn?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by fizpix, Jul 17, 2021.

1. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

It's straight forward have they?

• Like Like x 1
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

No they haven’t but it’s not exactly an urgent issue. There are lots of other things, including many broken items on the SD40 and other locos which are more important and still haven’t been fixed. Replacing a horn sound on one loco isn’t that important right now. It’ll get done eventually.

3. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, I admire your confidence. There are so many problems with American locos that date back many months. I said in another thread that I've pretty much given up on the SPG, PCR and CRR locos. In fact DTG have made it clear that the missing F7 DP control, for example, will not be fixed, just that they'll make sure it doesn't happen next time, whatever that means. There are many more issues to do with lighting, dynamic brakes, headlights etc.. Horns are the least of it. I said that perhaps it's time to forgive and forget and just move on. That's hard to do but it's what I'm doing.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I don’t know how long it will take but as soon as DTG can get their hands on a decent sounding horn sound the preservation crew will be eager to add it to the locos for an easy win. As for the other issues, we should see the DP situation sorted because it affects nearly all the consists available in scenario planner for the F7 and several services in timetable mode. If they decide to change the consists rather than add the capability to use the feature then that’ll be good enough for me, as long as I can use the content. They never said it wouldn’t be fixed though. I don’t have high hopes for the flow meter on the SD40 though but the services where the train is set up with no brakes at the start, leading to a runaway situation, I expect they will be fixed at some point. They should have been fixed in a patch just after launch if the truth be told but that opportunity went away for some unknown reason. An easy config fix was applied to the cutoff in the F7 and it should have been fixed for that patch. I have to have some hope of these things being fixed eventually even if I know that it may be some considerable time until Adam and his (far too small) team get round to the routes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I think you could interpret those statements either way, but I take them literally.

Edit: I re-read that thread and Matt did say it was " on the list to be fixed", so maybe it will be in the future. Taking the quotes together, though, I still have serious doubts that a fix is on the visible horizon.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1