Head Lights

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by paul.pavlinovich, Jul 3, 2021.

1. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

PXL_20210702_205555616.jpg
    PXL_20210702_205735922.jpg

Headlights really bug me in TSW2, we heard on stream Matt explain they're rubbish at night because if they worked properly at night they'd be awful during the day. This shouldn't be that hard to address and I'd love to see it in a future update the shots you see here are from the lights on my track machine in darkness this morning. The lights on the locomotives are even brighter.

Paul

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. pugilist3

pugilist3 Active Member

Yes, I agree the headlights and flares are terrible in TSW2!

Pretty sad when SS headlights headlights from TS2021 look better than TSW2.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Headlights are just one example. Working grade crossings, water textures were also better in TS20XX. It's a mystery that features that were commonplace in the old Kuju engine, are apparently difficult or impossible to implement in the supposedly superior Unreal.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Well, things like water textures have been done way better in Unreal, just not in TSW ;). I also wouldn't say the working grade crossings we currently have in game are inferior to those in TS, they're just not on all routes yet.

However, back to the topic, headlights do need a major improvement, and so does all of the lighting in game (especially at night). That's why I suggested next years core update focusses on getting lighting, weather and the skybox right in a seperate thread. A lot more fun can be had at night if the lighting was better. think of all the nightly freight operations many routes (at least the European ones) have! It would be awesome to see a night full of interesting freight gameplay when most passengers are asleep.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, that's really what I meant. Thanks. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I've only seen one good water in TSW2 and that is Cane Creek and I hope it really is as good as it looked on the 1080p laggy stream when I see it at 2k jolojonasgames

Crosstie I get the impression that Unreal can be prettier visually (I've seen some amazing things done with it including the game Unreal engine came from) which was the first game I remember that had water you could see through and see what was in it. DTG have had to do a lot because they implemented the first revolving things and the first convincing moving large vehicles. I'd cut them some slack on the engine because every route has had something that was better about it.

There are signs that they listen, and I think the stream on last Friday morning about Cane Creek was the first time I heard the real story about headlights rather than the "oh headlights are so other people can see you BS" - that might be the case in the UK but it isn't anywhere else :). The headlight interaction with the tunnel on Cane Creek while not reaching far enough wasn't as awful as the previous examples. Little steps make a journey :).

Paul