PC Headlight Projection For Us Locomotives

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dogrokket, Oct 31, 2017.

1. dogrokket

dogrokket New Member

I'd like to continue a discussion from the Steam forum regarding locomotive headlights. I understand that the headlights on the British locomotives do not project very far, as evidenced by a YouTube video from the cab of a real GW HST. However, American locomotive headlights are like aircraft landing lights. I am taking issue with the headlights on the CSX Heavy Haul locos. When navigating the yard at night, the lights do not do an adequate job of illuminating the reflective markers on the manual switches, or the track, for that matter. In the legacy TSxxxx locomotives, the headlights could at times, be almost too bright. In the case of Trainsim World, the lights on the CSX locos are bright, when you are staring directly at them from the external view, but they don't really illuminate from the cab in a way to be of any real use. Any thoughts?

2. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

This is something that we've had reported to us on a number of occasions and are actively looking into (a popular criticism of TSXX too), so fret not, we are aware of this.

- Jay