Hello Again From Nepa

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by blackdiamond1964, Mar 22, 2021.

1. blackdiamond1964

blackdiamond1964 New Member

Scott here from The BDWorkshop in the former anthracite regions on northeast Pennsylvania. I'm working on a website that is dedicated to bring some anthracite region content to this rail sim. I have worked in Railworks before but only scratched the surface of it's inner workings and it's content creation. I've been working in the Blender 3D program for close to 10 years now and I'm actually starting to get handy with it. Along with the web site, I plan to start a route based off of the Lehigh Valley' Coxton Yard in the transitional era. As I make content for my projects, I will make it available for download. It might start off slow as I re- learn the process and the programs needed for content creation, but once I get rolling there will be frequent updates. If there is anybody working on and creating content about the anthracite region come and join me...I have plenty space for you on my site. My site has plenty of room to expand.

The site will be up in a few days. I will post again when the site is ready to go.

• Like Like x 2
  2. blackdiamond1964

3. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

I have a bit of interest in Penn Central and the PRR, so I'm available for any reskinning.

• Like Like x 1
  4. blackdiamond1964

Many people forget that the PRR was an anthracite railroad. They had a branch line following the Susquehanna River from Sunbury to Wilke-Barre. However they never made it any further north from there. They did serve a few coal breakers in the Nanticoke area.

5. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

Huh, I knew the Reading had some competition.

6. blackdiamond1964

The Reading covered the southern and eastern anthracite fields. They never made it to the northern fields. I guess they figured there was already too much competition up their. They only made it as far north as Hazleton. But did make as far west to Williamsport. I would welcome a Reading fan to bring a Reading Route to the BDWorkshop site...that would be awesome.