Hello All And Can Someone Please Help Me.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by david316mills, Oct 25, 2019.

1. david316mills

david316mills New Member

Hi, I"m an OAP with very little Techno knowledge and I bought Train Simulator London to Brighton to pass away an hour or two but boy was I wrong. I think I installed the game correctly but when I go to the Main Menu and press Drive instead of the Class 377 Cab Controls which are on page 9 in the booklet I get a few controls which I have no idea how to use. Can anyone please please help me? I just want fun driving a train from London to Brighton and back, simple as that.
    Any help would really be appreciated.
    Thanks all
    David

2. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Have you tried the Academy? Truth be told it's not brilliant but it will introduce you gently to the main controls and then you can have a look at the manual for specifics.

3. dads_a_biotic

dads_a_biotic New Member

Hello! If i knew more about the London Brighton run I would give you answers quick snap...however I will not so I do not steer you the wrong way.
    I will however bump what jjTimothy said. I started off VERY frustrated because "I just wanted to play"
    also the tutorial makes a lot of commands not function this includes stuff like breaks also adding to the frustration
    "okay now breaks...wait I thought this was breaks how come I'm not breaking!"
    stick with it and the game does pay off

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

5. david316mills

david316mills New Member

Hi Aruscoe,
    I went to that site and I get a Black square with a box in bottom right hand corner divided with a half train/sky other one blue sky.At the top is u arrow next to padlock. What do I do next?

6. david316mills

david316mills New Member

Hi jjTimothy,
    I tried the Academy but there were no instructions which keys on my keyboard to use

7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Sounds like your browser tried to open the PDF and buggered it...

OK, let's try this another way.
    Do you know how to use file explorer in windows?

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Try a Quick Drive with a 377 for the London to Brighton route
    Pick the train and then the route - when it loads push the F4 key and the Simple controls appear
    The left control is both Power and Brakes with a Centre Off - the middle control is the Direction
    When you are moving the AWS Horn will sound for any signal which is Not Green - push the Q button on the Keyboard to Acknowledge it

You are not running to a Timetable and most signals will be Green in a QD
    Let us know how you get on

Peter