1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello From California

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by wflint2, Apr 6, 2018.

1. wflint2

wflint2 New Member

Glad to see DTG has introduced forums for all their sims which I believe is crucial for third party development.
    The more simmers feel they can interact with each other and the developer the more likely they will contribute content and feel a part of the future growth of the sim.

I'm a long-time train lover and former Trainzer who jumped ship to TS when I saw the superior level of realism it offered over it's competitors. Especially love the Pacific Surfliner and SF Peninsula Corrider routes as I live near San Francisco.

Next step is to try some route building in TS2018. So far, lots more challenging than Trainz but hopefully better results. Did a fair amount of route work in Trainz, including a Pacific Surfliner route using DEM's, but never felt satisfied with the overall realism. Looking foreward to using the Google overlay along with some of the fine DTG textures on some future routes.

As I grew up in Kansas City in the 50's, I did a lot of train-watching and rode the trains many times out of KC Union Station. Especially enjoyed riding the ATSF Chicagoan behind those magnificent EMD E6's so KCUS will likely be the hub of my first route.

So, look foreward to having access to fellow TS enthusiasts through the newly formed forum.

Bill

1650_ATSF_A.JPG

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums Bill

3. Farmer_C

Farmer_C Active Member

A warm welcome from me too. Good to have you at the forum Bill.