Hello From Nick!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by mancunian#7861, Apr 13, 2021.

1. mancunian#7861

mancunian#7861 Active Member

Hello everyone. I've been active on the forum now for a couple of days so about time I filled this in. :)

My name is Nick and I live in Manchester, UK. I got TSW2 a week or so ago and whilst I've had a few struggles along the way, this place has helped me enormously and I'm incredibly grateful for that.

Before I moved up here in mid 1997, I previously lived in Eastbourne, which may well explain why the first 2 extra routes I bought when I found them, was the Brighton to Eastbourne line and Manchester to Leeds (via Huddersfield) ones. Great to see them so realistically designed - just as I remember them. :)

Anyway I'll finish off by saying I'm retired - being a younger looking 67 year old, although feeling my age these days! :D Apart from loving this game, I stream another game called Marbles on stream at Twitch most mornings and evenings at 10pm and I'm also into genealogy which, if you don't know, is family history research. I live alone and the only pet I have is a budgie called Rosie. She doesn't talk and despite it being the reason I originally bought her, she's not hand tame either but I still love her to death. lol

OK that will do. I've probably over-stayed my welcome in here by now so see you around the forums and maybe one day, I'll learn how to stream this too?! :D

2. DIFFLOCK

DIFFLOCK Active Member

Hello Nick. TS user here since about 2016, but only really got into it these past few months, not got TSW. I remember our family having a budgie when I was a kid, he or she (called Bobbie) never talked, but always chatted in budgie-speak. Lived to a ripe age of about 9 years old IIRC. Speaking of age :o you've got about 13 years on me, but perhaps you might also remember Norman Barrett and his budgies back in the day on TV (and Blackpool Tower Circus)?? :cool:
    Quite the digression from trains LOL.
    Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  3. mancunian#7861

mancunian#7861 Active Member

Hello Difflock - thank you for your nice response. When I said she (the budgie) doesn't talk, she does have periods of excited budgie noises from time to time, especially if I'm listening to music and/or singing, then she seems to go bonkers! lol. I don't remember Norman Barrett by name but I certainly remember budgie performs on tv when I was much younger, yes. As you say, quite a digression from trains but sometimes a short rest or distraction does you good. :) I've just bought a new game called Detroit: Becoming human. Wow never seen a game like it but it's sure got me hooked lol. Here I am at just gone 3am after a session playing it instead of being in bed! :D

• Like Like x 1