Hello From San Jose, Ca

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Drakoz, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Drakoz

Drakoz Active Member

Hello all. Nice to see DTG has this forum (for all their products).

I've been playing TS since 2012, but recently got more into it with some recent updates, and the release of TSW.

I enjoyed HO train modeling as a kid and was a member of a couple local clubs in my adult life, but never got really serious. Long ago, I did work on the Niles Canyon Railway near Fremont, CA (building cars and helping the track crew). I also worked on the SP 2472 steam engine (Project 2472, part of the Golden Gate Railroad Museum) in preparation for the 1991 Railfair in Sacramento. Those were fun times, but I had to step away from trains for a couple decades. TS and TSW has brought me back to it because I can enjoy trains casually while still doing all the other stuff I do.

I primarily love steam because there is nothing like it. Seeing the SP2472 come to life that first time we lit it's boiler is still one of most satisfying events of my life. Thankfully we have Train Simulator and Train Sim World to let us enjoy these things casually if we can't keep doing the real thing.

My other interests include motorcycling (racing, track instructor), flying (sims, RC, and real), and designing and fabricating stuff at my machine shop. Yes, the common thread is all cool machines, using them, making them, or making them work better.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Hi Drakoz welcome to the forums glad to have you here

3. Farmer_C

Farmer_C Well-Known Member

A warm welcome from me too. Good to have you join the forum Drakoz.