Hello From The Midland & South Western Junction Railway

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by BoxTunnel, Apr 26, 2018.

1. BoxTunnel

BoxTunnel New Member

Hello all,

I am BoxTunnel (known as Graham down the pub) and have become a recent addict of Train Simulator.

I live 50 yards from where the Midland & South Western Junction line used to run through Wiltshire (UK) and needing a hobby to keep me out of the pub I decided to build an N Gauge model railway (despite having no interest in trains or locos for the first 45 years of my life). One thing led to another and I am now hooked on all things railway and bought the UK Classics edition of the game. Loving it so far, but can't seem to find any content involving Swindon, which for many decades was the "Headquarters of the GWR".

I've found some snaggles in the UK Classics edition which I will ask about in the appropriate threads, but this has to be one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played, who knew?

Graham.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Have a look at some of the third party developers for great western routes and so on. There is a "complete" GW line from Paddington to Bristol, Cardiff and beyond

3. Farmer_C

Farmer_C Well-Known Member

Hello Graham and welcome to the forum. It's a pleasure to meet a fellow N-gauge model railroader (as we are a minority in comparison to the HO-devotees). My Train Simulator 2018 focus is mainly on German routes and rolling stock at least for the moment, so unfortunately I am not able to give you any help or tips as regards your question on content involving Swindon. Good to have you here!