Hello To Everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by SimulatorDaz, Feb 2, 2018.

1. SimulatorDaz

SimulatorDaz Well-Known Member

Hi there,

A few days ago I noticed that the new TS forums have appeared and it would be rude not to say hello to the community in the form of an introduction.

As a kid back in the early 90's I was a keen train spotter around the south east of the UK. While most of my friends were playing Super Mario I was out there in the cold hunting down train numbers! It was both interesting and fun. I also had a small collection of model trains and a layout on the go. This contained locos from both Hornby and Lima. Back then I can remember spending ages in the hobby shop called
    Beatties. There were cabinets full of model trains with prices that I could only dream of paying!

Fast forward to 2014 and a purchase of Train Simulator on Steam. At the time I didn't try it that much and don't mind saying that the amount of DLC kinda put me off investing any money into it. Recently though this has changed. I saw the Steam Christmas sale on last year and purchased a few of the DLC. I've been enjoying it ever since. I still buy mostly in the sales and have now built up a nice collection. The Steam Workshop is worth a look. So much good content on there. There's also many websites that offer locos, routes, and scenarios. Some are free so its worth looking around.

The Train Simulator community is also a nice place to check out. There's many Twitch streamers and YouTube video makers that offer so much. Facebook and Twitter both play a role in the TS community with updates etc .

If there's anyone out there thinking of giving Train Simulator a go then I say try it! Start of small with some DLC that you will enjoy the most and go from there. Keep an eye for the sales that offers good discounts. These can be on both the Dovetail Games store and Steam.

Thanks for reading!

2. Farmer_C

Farmer_C Well-Known Member

Hear, hear! It's good to have you here SimulatorDaz. Thank you for introducing yourself.

3. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard and mind the gap ;)

Glad to have you hear and I enjoyed your little write up about yourself. Enjoy your time here!