Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Ardaeshir, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Ardaeshir

Ardaeshir Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

Just joined, I'm from central Poland. I've been a long time enthusiast of the local 750mm narrow gauge lines, but I also have a soft spot for British heritage lines, especially those focused on the 50s/60s feel. The era of transition from steam to early diesels has always been something taht fascinated me.

Looking forward to being a part of the community,
    Ardaeshir

• Like Like x 2
  2. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. If you haven't seen it I suggest you consider the Weardale and Teesdale Network in the '60s route for your wish-list. It's Diesels only as it comes but there are several kettles that suit the area and period it represents. The original Woodhead route (old but still good and pleasingly cheap) marks the transition from steam to electric.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ardaeshir

Thank you for the nice welcome. :)

Weardale and Teesdale is a must have and one of my fav TS routes. I'm going to look into the woodhead route next, though electrics are not my main focus,

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  4. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Good man. Another one to think about is The Riviera Line in the '50s. In this instance it's steam only but there's a nice set of three Western Region Diesel-hydraulics (Hymek, Warship and Western) that can be added to it. There are older models of each class also available separately which I can't speak for.

5. Ardaeshir

Oh definitally. Recently after a tough day at work, I had a memorable drive along that route in a class 42. The period signals and seeing the steam trains go by was very atmospheric. The whole route is very impressive, I wish an expansion to it was released.
    I know there is a freeware at DPS called "Glorious Devon" that seems to expand on it, it requires some stuff I don't have also UKTS addons... maybe its me but I can't for the love of God complete the registration on UKTS. I never get the confirmation email to my gmail account, I tried another email provider and same thing. UKTS is either having tech issues, or tehre is some long delay before members get approved.

6. Ardaeshir

Addendum: I finally managed to register on UKTS and downloaded the Devon assets. It apears that I'm currently going through another phase of my undending fascination with British rail history, so I plan to explore that route thoroughly. I also took advantage of the recent discount sale at Digital Traction and got some UK rolling stock.