Help Me Understand My Pzb Error On Rsn

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by mclitke, Sep 21, 2020.

1. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

So upfront, I know how PZB works and the rules, I managed some runs without error, and when I do an error, usually I understand why.

But there is this one spot on RSN where I always fail, in TSW2020 and now in Tsw2 as well.

It is at Werdohl station, going from Finnentrop to Hagen. You are supposed to go 70kmh when leaving the station, but I never see a signal or a sign announcing the reduction. You go through a short tunnel and at the end there is a white signal at the bottom. I was already breaking and acknowledged even though I am somewhat sure I don't have to acknowledge these signals, yet I get stopped by PZB there every time. (before the actual 70kmh zone starts)

I did a freight service in the 143, afb 10 below max to be safe, pzb on M (I know you are supposed to do U but I felt confident enough)

Maybe someone here has an idea as to why I always fail this specific part?

2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Going to check, but I don't have such adventures there :D "brb"

3. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Hi, mclitke
    There are speed limit warning boards "Lf 1" just behind the tunel
    20200921195514_1.jpg
    I have learned PZB from practical errors and understanding where was my fault, as well.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. mclitke

Is that the correct direction? Going towards Hagen? I might be wrong but it looks like from the other side towards Finnentrop

Edit: it might be in the direction of Hagen... I am confused that I don't see these if that is the case!

5. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

It is correct, just check it by yourself in game. Picture is taken from service that starts in Werdohl at 14:00, what is the easiest way how to look at place. (Locos move form Werdohl to Finnentrop)

• Like Like x 1
  6. mclitke

Thank you, I will start at that station on foot and check for myself, so that I can remember where exactly these are. It must have been 5 tries where I got stopped there and never have seen them.

In the end I am glad that it was actually the easiest explanation after all.

7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

And after the Werdohl platform - 70 kph again :)

TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping 2020-09-21 20-25-33.png

• Like Like x 1
  8. mclitke

Right that is the one that I am always standing in front of due to the emergency break :mad:

Thank you as well for confirming, as mentioned before, I will have a closer look. Right after I have been stopped, I flew back through the tunnel with the camera to look for what I missed. Somehow I just never saw these signs!

9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This one is magnet-protected so 1000Hz brake-curve is required -> <85 kph <23 seconds [O] / <70 <29 [M]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2020
  10. mclitke

So I spawned on foot and walked to where the signs are and what can I say, I feel very stupid for missing them all the time. They are obviously placed and I just can't explain how I missed them every time so far.
    Anyway thank you both for helping me out so quickly, I am just glad that there was a simple solution!

• Like Like x 1
  11. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Haha You are not the only one!
    I know that feeling :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

If I remember well, in that portion of route you are already passing from 110 to 100km/h (there is a series of blinking green aspects with the 10 table) and some meters passed the tunnel (just after the white ground signal) you meet a 70 speed reducction static signal (the triangle in the picture). Usually the speed limits are the same in both the directions also if the signals are not positioning in the same exactly point of the tracks. Note: I mean about the same line.

13. delucadomenico2009

delucadomenico2009 Active Member

Before the short tunnel you will see green flashing signal with a 10 speed limit. The orange signal with the 7 (the one that you need to acknowledge) is just a bit after the tunnel. Keep in mind that the 7 limit starts at the next tunnel, not at the switch point after the station, so you have time to brake (expetially if you slow down to 10 at the signal before the first tunnel)

14. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I miss speed signs regularly. It does not hurt to press the PZB button each time you pass one. You then soon will find out which ones are relevant (you may nice the presence of a PZB magnet).

15. mclitke

The issue was not that I did not acknowledge the signs, but rather that I somehow did not see them :D

• Like Like x 1