Help Please With Scenarios And Manuals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jumbojock, Feb 18, 2018.

1. jumbojock

jumbojock New Member

Good morning all.

Relative newbie to TS2018 with 2 questions. Am running TS2018 under Steam. Have the basic installation with the Just Trains East Coast add-on. I normally start from the presumption that I'm doing something wrong, so here goes.

1. There are no scenarios listed under Drive>Career. Anyone got any ideas why? Do I need to purchase them? I have scenarios listed under Standard and Free Roam but they're all to do with the JT add-on. Strikes me I need to add something on but don't know why. I tried right-clicking on Train Simulator in Steam and refreshing the files but nothing changed. How do I start my chuffing career?

2. I click on Settings>Tools>View Manuals and nothing happens. Why? I can open them manually if I go to my SteamLibrary>steamapps>common>Railworks>Manuals>EN folder; I have a few including the User Guides for TSs 2016, 2017 and 2018. On opening the last, I find that 3.16 talks about scenario availability and might answer Q1 but I'd appreciate an overview. I get the impressions that TS2016 and 2017 came with more standard content than the latest?

That's it for now. Might drive Perth-Dundee for the mo'.

All the best,

jj

2. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Hi, it's great to see that more people getting into Train Simulator are using third party products. There are a few things that third party products do differently than the normal steam dlc. For example, most, if not all third party routes will only have standard scenarios and not come with any career scenarios. This is because most people actually don't like career scenarios due to the scoring system and standard scenarios are essentially the same except for the scoring system. However, you will find that most routes from Steam and all DTG made routes only come with career scenarios and some have the career scenarios duplicated over to standard to provide a choice. Another thing that is different is the manual, a lot of times the manual for third party addons will be downloadable on the provider's website, however with Justrains addons I think you have to go into the manual folder in the file explorer and open it there. Another thing to take note is that doing a verify game files or clear cache in Train simulator will not do anything or apply to third party addons because it has no association with steam or the game.

• Like Like x 2