Help With Red Stop Signal

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by col2008, Jun 17, 2021.

Tags:
  1. col2008

col2008 New Member

I am trying to complete a scenario and have come across a Red Stop Signal. Have tries everything to get it to change to green but no luck at all. Have red lots of suggestions and fixes on the forums but it still wont work. Any help would be great because I love the simulation and what to push on with the challenges.

2. guardupfront

guardupfront Active Member

Where/what scenario/which route/did you use the save feature in the scenario/have you restarted and it happened again?

not sure which to ask first but can’t help you until we get answers to all of these questions at the least

3. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

So what the Scenario is? Also don't save in Scenarios because it can cause random problems.

If it is Freight Exchange in Ruhr-Sieg Nord, it's a known issue but won't get fixed soon. If not, make sure you didn't save. Most other Scenarios should be fine.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  4. col2008

col2008 New Member

I just cant remember what one it was without starting the Sim up again but yes i did use the save feature during the scenario . I have read somewhere that can cause the stop signal to not change but thought I would ask in case someone had a fix for it.

5. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Hi col2008 the save thing only applies to a few routes, it confuses the scenario and dispatcher (the component that sets the points and signals). Most of the time Save is ok, I use it quite a bit on CRR for example.

Once you get the issue, unless you can move ahead and find what is blocking you then you're a bit out of luck. Sometimes there can be an AI train in the way. The dispatcher reserves blocks a long way ahead of each train (yours and AI, so the train can be a really long way away and still be affecting you). There isn't much you can do about it though, if you take over the AI train you lose the one sitting at the signal.

Paul

6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

First step is to make sure it's actually a bug- open the map and see if there's an approaching AI train (it might be a long, long way off). In these circumstances, the Dispatcher will respond "Denied. Wait for signal to change." There are cases - especially driving freight on HRR - where you have a good long time to wait for higher-priority trains to clear the block.

7. col2008

col2008 New Member

Thanks everyone for your help. I will take a look ahead and see if i can fix the problem.

8. col2008

col2008 New Member

Ok I have had a look further up the track and i see another train on the same line as i am on so thats the Red light Problem.
    How do i finish that challenge so i can move on to the next one.

9. paul.pavlinovich

If it never clears just move onto the next one manually.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Your best chance is trying to do the service / scenario without saving.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

I’ve had this exact thing happen on Cathcart Circle. I was playing the scenario ‘Around and Around’, and when trying to leave Glasgow Central for the second ‘lap’ of the Circle, it wouldn’t let me out. Saving and reloading then led to an AI train entering my track and stopping a couple of meters in front of me. If I drove backwards towards the buffers, the AI train would slowly follow me, but stop a couple of meters in front of me again. I was even able to couple up to it without the game crashing. Quite funny but also annoying that I had to start the scenario from the beginning.

12. col2008

col2008 New Member

Paul Can you tell me please just how to move onto the next one. I am buggered if i can see how to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. col2008

col2008 New Member

Ok here is an update. i redid the run without saving and it worked. Thanks for all your help.

• Like Like x 2
  14. paul.pavlinovich

Oh sorry, I wasn't clear, I meant move on to the next scenario leaving the one that won't finish incomplete. It is disappointing but sometimes the only way.

Great that you finished it without saving. Well done.

Paul