Hey All New Member Here. Tsw Has For Some Reason Gotten Me So Into Trains Lately!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bobaaganoosh, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Bobaaganoosh

Bobaaganoosh Member

Hey everyone, I'm a new member here. I started playing the game again big time this month, and the game has really gotten me into trains. I live right by a train track in front of my house, the Union Pacific trains pass all day. Before, it's just not something that ever even crosses my mind. But now, after playing TSW so much, every time a train passes, I'm like hot damn, that's a cool train! I even started watching a train show on tv. lmao. I just love all the little details of the game and how beautiful it is. I passed up an electric generator area on my route and you can hear the power going through it, another area had a music festival going on and you can actually hear it. It's just so cool.

I've been playing the game a lot. I have the collectors edition with 2 additional routes. I really enjoyed the CSX Sand Patch route/trains a lot as that's the only trains like the ones around me and recently I started branching out to other routes doing passenger runs instead and I'm surprised with how enjoyable and relaxing those are, going through the countryside of London.

Anyways, I didn't realize what the whole Dovetail Live stuff was till I started noticing all the player screenshots on the loading screens and figured I'd make an account to partake in the screenshot contest. I'm glad there's a place for all lovers of the game to talk about the game aside from the subreddit!

• Like Like x 7
  2. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

First things first, welcome to the forums! :D
    I too didn't have much of an interest in trains, not until I first tried out TSW shortly after its initial release. I was fascinated not only by the trains, but by the fact that I could get out and roam around stations. I come from a flight sim background, so having free roam capabilities within a sim was a major selling point to me. Not only that, but a lot of trains in TSW have a lot of different buttons to press, and different ways of doing things. It wasn't long until I started pursuing how to drive and operate these trains as realistically as possible. It's a fun hobby, and while the game has its ups and downs, I don't regret the time I've spent playing it!

Anyhow, we hope to see you around, especially with some of those great screenshots! Good luck with the weekly contests! ;)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums, enjoy your time here :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. flirt745

flirt745 Active Member

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your time here. Train Sim World is a game that is great fun to play. Have played it since founders edition.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hidden Donkey

Hidden Donkey Active Member

happy train playing

6. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard

7. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums