Hey, Dovetail?

Discussion in 'PC' started by throwaway, Jan 4, 2021.

1. throwaway

throwaway New Member

Hi Dovetail, do you still exist?

Because as it turns out, you guys sell a lot of stuff. I happened to catch the misfortune of buying Ultimate Night Environment X for Flight Simulator X on Steam, where it lists you as the developer. I would have loved to put this thread in the appropriate forum here, but alas, there is none. Probably best that way.

The product is probably broken, maybe I didn't install it right, I don't know. Because I've been looking for some support on this from your company for about a year now but have been ignored on your odd helpdesk thing. I reckon it's not an expensive product by any means but that still doesn't make being ignored a pleasant feeling. All I wanted to know was how to install the software correctly and make sure it's functional and all I got was LOVE on. Not even a "Don't know mate". Did you guys forget to actually assign someone to look at the tickets coming in over there or what? That is some serious (Editing by Clarkey - Watch the language)(Editing by throwaway - Believe me, I did). I don't care what your actual relationship with that piece of software is, I'm not gonna get my ten bucks back either way, I just came by to tell you that you're selling products for actual, real money that you're offering literally absolute zero support for if a paying customer has an issue getting your product to work. The only way to reach out to anyone is apparently this forum about some fishing game. At least that has the neat side effect of being public 'cause get a load of this, guys.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  2. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi throwaway, Dovetail does not handle the support for Flight Sim X and the relevant add-ons. Microsoft Support is the one to go to for any questions regarding the Ultimate Night Environment X.

3. throwaway

throwaway New Member

Well thanks, it would have been nice to hear that about a year ago instead of being ignored by Dovetail completely, but ah well. Learned something about that company as well I guess. Especially since Steam explicitly points to Dovetial as the publisher and the only contact there is in relation to the product. I guess it's on me for buying that junk in the first place, since Microsoft apparently doesn't offer any tangible support on it either. Dovetail might want to reconsider if they want their name tied to this kind of thing.
    Thank you either way.

Edit: Let me just point out to whom it may concern that fsxinsider.com, the homepage of the product in question, has a "Support" link that takes you to Dovetail "support". That's how I originally wound up there.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  4. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi throwaway, thanks for flagging that support link. We'll look into that.