PC Hhl Br182 Gradient Hud Is Backwards When Driving From The Second End

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by paul.pavlinovich, May 14, 2021.

1. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Note the loco is powering under AFB supposedly going down hill... well not really, its going up hill the HUD is backwards. This is the second half of Turnback Freight.
    upload_2021-5-14_21-57-18.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Sadly this is the case for all two cab locomotives since TSW 2 was released.

DTG haven't shown any interest in fixing this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. paul.pavlinovich

and to follow-up... braking when supposedly going up hill

4. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Concur, gradient displays the wrong parameter when in 2nd cab, showing descent when actually ascending an incline, vice versa.
    Also when opening windows in cab 2 no change in loudness.

• Like Like x 1
  5. paul.pavlinovich

I found depending what you're meant to be doing sometimes the second cab has no sound at all apart from carriage noises. If you're in a scenario and it wants you to be at the other end there is no sound when you're not.

• Like Like x 1
  6. martschuffing

Prety sure you wouldn't hear much of trailing wagons or coaches if the cab windows were shut, not so in this sim.

7. paul.pavlinovich

You'd be surprised what you can hear in cab! I do second person on a tourist railway and while our gear is hardly sound proofed you can hear bogie bolsters groaning, couplers moving around, bogie retaining chains clanking all from the cab 10 metres away when there is a whopping big diesel thumping away between you and the carriages. When we're short hood to the carriages you can even hear the passengers when they get loud.
    I would expect to hear a lot less in a modern sound proofed cab, but I would still expect to hear an audible replacement for the subsonics you would normally feel and hear the bogie bolsters and track noises.

8. martschuffing

Yes, but not at the levels you hear in the sim, as you say modern locos have good sound insulation and I would expect any sounds with windows shut and FML blasting away to drown out 95% of trailing sounds.