Hi Everyone It's Good To Be Here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by jameshardy221, Sep 8, 2020.

1. jameshardy221

jameshardy221 New Member

I have been playing Train Sim for some time now but having just changed laptops I have found everything goes very slowly and I could only get the 32bit version where as in the past I had the 64bit version, is there anything I can do to speed the game up or should I just delete it from the laptop and give up. It's very frustrating as I never had this problem before changing laptops and this one is a higher spec laptop compared to my old one

Is there a way to change what version i'm running from 32bit to 64bit any help would be very welcome before the laptop goes out the window lol

• Like Like x 1
  2. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard.

You don't mention any spec's for your system (always a good idea if you're asking for help) but presumably it has a discrete GPU so one thing to check is that TS is actually using that GPU rather than defaulting to whatever integrated graphics it may have. This is a problem that arose with TS2019 IIRC and mainly with NVidea GPUs although it also afflicted my old HP laptop with an AMD Radeon chip. That said I think the issue was with the 64 bit version which you say you can't run for some reason (got me on that one- running from Steam you should be offered a choice) but it's still worth investigating.